Cafe Caribe

davnjnet

I am going to give it one more try. This board is getting very frustrating this evening.

The Cafe Caribe is located directly aft of the Horizon Court. It is a smaller version of the Horizon Court and is also a buffet style restaurant. We found on our two sailings that some of the best dinners were at the Cafe Caribe. When we sailed, each night had a theme and there were some fantastic offerings here. The seafood buffet is served on a couple of nights and was great. Breakfast and lunch is also served at the Cafe Caribe, but on a smaller scale then the Horizon Court.

They have some great huge chocolate chip cookies that are perfect to take back to the cabin for a late night snack. ;)

I think (never actually wanted more food late at night after eating here) that it turns into a Bistro around 10:30-11:00 each evening. Not sure what is served there as we have never had the need to go back.

Cafe Caribe is on the Crown Princess and the Caribbean Princess. Be sure and check it out, even when the Horizon Court is open. We were on the Crown last August, and the food at Cafe Caribe was much more interesting -- sushi was served several times for lunch, and every day had a themed lunch --- Mexican was especially good. We never went there for dinner but it always seemed crowded.

We really liked the Cafe Caribe on the CB. It was a good option for dinner if you didn't want to eat in the dining room. The food and setting seemed to be a little more upscale from the regular Horizon buffet. Quite often you'd find the same dinner choices from the dining room in CC. We liked it so much, that on our Emerald Princess cruise next January, we plan to forgo formal nights in the dining room and just eat in Cafe Caribe those nights.

Thanks everybody, great descriptions. Do you recall what some of the theme nights were?

There was a Rice Table Buffet (Asian foods) and a German theme (even though we are seafood lovers, this was our favorite night at the Cafe Caribe, very very good).

There were two seafood nights, one hot and one cold, but can't remember what the theme was.

Hopefully someone can jump in here and remember the rest as those are all I can remember this morning, I know there were more.

Archived