Another Zuiderdam room question

Orcrone

There are two handicapped rooms (A6003 and A6004) at the front of the Zuiderdam on the upper Verandah deck. My brother and his partner need a handicapped room. It looks pretty large. Just wondering if there's any disadvantage to this location, aside from the obvious potential for motion at the front of the ship.

Will it be too windy on the verandah? Any other info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Marc

They do look larger and probably are. I have never seen a handicap room but have read on these boards that they have wheelchair-accessible showers instead of bathtubs.

If one is in a wheelchair, it seems this is a plus. But others have said the bathroom floor gets wet because of the accessible shower. (Perhaps that's why God invented towels).

The verandahs have solid partitions which I would think would block the wind.

Good luck

They do look larger and probably are. I have never seen a handicap room but have read on these boards that they have wheelchair-accessible showers instead of bathtubs.

If one is in a wheelchair, it seems this is a plus. But others have said the bathroom floor gets wet because of the accessible shower. (Perhaps that's why God invented towels).

The verandahs have solid partitions which I would think would block the wind.

Good luck

The showers are similar to those on Carnival...there is a drain in the shower and a drain under the sink, and they get it all. The threshold is a bit raised to keep the water in the bathroom. I never was a fan of the HAL tubs...too small to bathe (not a fan of putting my skin where God knows who has put theirs) and too small to take a comfortable shower. My wife, only 5' with bad knees, really had a tough time with the tub. I'd take the accessible shower in a heartbeat, and it isn't a real good cruise without a bit of up and down, is it?

Mark T.

Archived