If you can't tender and have arrangement your own excursions privately

Buddyjay16

Most reputable tour companies will have a clause in your order contract that if your ship doesn't make it in or you cannot tender, that your deposit will immediately be refunded back to your credit card. Make sure NOT to book with a tour company that does NOT have this clause in their contract.

We were on the Conquest back in Dec. 05. We were unable to tender into Grand Cayman and unfortunately, we never got to do our Stingray tour that was booked with Capt. Marvin. :( They never did charge our credit card for the tour. :)

I believe Capt. Marvin's website mentions their policy about no shows due to tendering issues. It's been awhile since I've been on their site, so I'm not quite sure.

I've missed Grand Cayman twice in 3 years due to weather - booked with Captain Marvin both times, and both times had no problem whatsoever. They said I would not be charged, and I was not. Be sure you look for that policy on the companies' websites, because if it's choppy (even if it's sunny) your ship may not be able to stop there. When it's windy, big waves hit the tender dock and it's too dangerous to run the tenders. It's windy a lot in the Caymans. :)

Archived