Ecstasy vs. Elation

redneck_dan

Anyone been on both recently? Is there much a difference? Both are Fantasy class ships but Elation is a lot newer (6 years vs. 13). I was thinking of switching from Elation to Ecstasy because I have heard that Belize and Progresso are very bad ports.

I can't speak for the Ecstasy, but I've been on the Elation and had a wonderful time. The food was good, the staff was very attentive and I really liked the cruise director. I also enjoyed all three ports very much. I went on a river tubing excursion through a private company in Belize and it was one of my favorite excursions on that cruise. The river was moving very fast and it was a very exhilarating experience. Personally, I thought the best shopping for the whole cruise was in Progresso. I got some fantastic deals. So I don't think Belize or Progresso were "really bad ports" as you have heard. I enjoyed my Elation cruise very much and just may go on it again. But I think either way you go, you will enjoy your cruise. There is no such thing as a bad cruise in my opinion. I just think some are better than others. And the Elation was one of the better ones.

I can't speak for the Elation, but I've been on the Ecstasy 4 times. Obviously I've enjoyed the Ecstasy or I would not have repeated with this ship. She will be refurbished in September, so she should be in great condition. Each cruise I've had wonderful service on the ship. The cruise director each time has been so-so, but it did not alter the enjoyment of my trips. I can't speak on the ports of call since I have only cruised on the west coast. I have a link below to my review of the Ecstasy and some pics.

We'll be on the Elation in just a few days & I'm pretty excited about the ports of call. Progresso & Belize sound like more "authentic" places to visit, hopefully providing some unique experiences for our family. Don't get me wrong, I like touristy places, which we will get while in Cozumel, but I also like seeing places that are completely different. I've gained some really great info from the port of call (POC) boards for both of those places, and I already have plans for each of our port days.

One other thing, Ectasy (which replaces the Celebration & will sail the same itinerary) goes to Calica, which is a port many people hate because it is nothing more than a rock quarry. You must spend a little extra $$ to go to Playa Del Carmen from there, or book an excursion, or rent a car on your own, as there is nothing else to do there at the port. (other than just a few local vendors set up by the ship). Just an FYI (we actually liked Calica when there in March since we easily drove to Tulum from there). I think both ships will provide a great experience. For me it would end up being simply a choice between a 5 day and a 7 day cruise that would be the biggest deciding factor.

we were on the Ecstasy 2 yrs ago out here in CA. We liked it and had a great time. It did seem a little run down in comparison to other hips, but it was fun. I am sure it will get a good overhaul when it leaves CA for its new home port.

We decided to stick to the 7 day. It seems like my wife really wants to see Belize. I figured she would want to skip the back-to-back ocean days. She is not a big fan of consecutive ocean days, but the opportunity to see Belize is more important to her.

• 3 weeks later...
We decided to stick to the 7 day. It seems like my wife really wants to see Belize. I figured she would want to skip the back-to-back ocean days. She is not a big fan of consecutive ocean days, but the opportunity to see Belize is more important to her.

Hi!We just got off of the Elation (july 18-25)!We had a blast!In progresso you do not have to go all the way to town..actually there are little stores just as you get off the ship!And of course we did not make it to belize because the transpertation strike..but seeing it from the ship..it was beautiful!!insted of belize we went to Playa Del Carmen!..it was the best also..And the best port..(besides Playa Del Carmen)Was Cozumel..that cruise was my 3rd and also my 3rd to go to Cozumel and it was really fun!!

I cant really say anything about the ecstasy but Nov.11,04 we are going on it!!Cant wait!!We will tell yall about it~~!!!

View my pictures at -----(i did not have my Jubilee pictures on there because we did not have our digital Camera!..)

Hi!We just got off of the Elation (july 18-25)!We had a blast!In progresso you do not have to go all the way to town..actually there are little stores just as you get off the ship!And of course we did not make it to belize because the transpertation strike..but seeing it from the ship..it was beautiful!!insted of belize we went to Playa Del Carmen!..it was the best also..And the best port..(besides Playa Del Carmen)Was Cozumel..that cruise was my 3rd and also my 3rd to go to Cozumel and it was really fun!!

I cant really say anything about the ecstasy but Nov.11,04 we are going on it!!Cant wait!!We will tell yall about it~~!!!

View my pictures at -----(i did not have my Jubilee pictures on there because we did not have our digital Camera!..)

http://community.webshots.com/user/wards03

Website!

Archived