Has anyone had wine/liquor leak in luggage?

showe0208

Lets see here...............

If you buy the wine that is available aboard the ship you will not have to worry about leakage/breakage.:D

And pay $200 for a bottle of Dom Perignon that my husband paid $109 for at home? Or pay nearly $30 each for several bottles of Asti that we bought for $10 each? No thanks, we'll bring it with us. Fortunately, we don't have to fly to the port. We carried on eight bottles of champagne and sparkling wine on the Legend last month. We used a rolling tote that matches our luggage -- it was a breeze taking it onboard the ship with us. No way would I attempt to put it in our checked luggage, but that's just me. (The plastic bottle of coconut rum was a different story. That I put inside two ziplock bags and packed in the middle of our checked bag.) :p

And pay $200 for a bottle of Dom Perignon that my husband paid $109 for at home? Or pay nearly $30 each for several bottles of Asti that we bought for $10 each? No thanks, we'll bring it with us. Fortunately, we don't have to fly to the port. We carried on eight bottles of champagne and sparkling wine on the Legend last month. We used a rolling tote that matches our luggage -- it was a breeze taking it onboard the ship with us. No way would I attempt to put it in our checked luggage, but that's just me. (The plastic bottle of coconut rum was a different story. That I put inside two ziplock bags and packed in the middle of our checked bag.) :p

It's only money.

Remember the great line from White Heat!

Virgina Mayo As Verna Jarrett --- "Money's only paper unless you spend it!"

I would like to take some wine with me on my Cruise in March, but I just keep picturing all my clothes in a shade of Merlot.:confused: Any packing suggestions. I would rather not bring a box wine. But I will if I have to!

Have you heard of or seen lock and lock containers? QVC sells them and I have seen some at Wal*Mart, they come in a variety of sizes. They are very sturdy and leakproof. I use them for toiletries, etc. I've had stuff leak inside them, but it has never leaked out of the container.

I also just saw some Berringer White Zin in little plastic single serve bottles at Wal*Mart, in a four pack. I bought some to try pre-cruise ;} seems like they had other kinds too, if you are a fine wine drinker, these may not be your cup of tea, but thought it might be worth mentioning.

Archived