Not A Sea Miles Debate- But A ?

Usual story, can't get a discount and get the full credit that I've earned....so I can only get $375.

the ?-

I'm looking at the 3-8-07 Inspiration for a full redemption for a FREE cruise to burn up some of the miles that I've accumulated. It will be a 1A(?) with bunks(I don't want to give up on my miles and just let them go to waste).........I'm assuming that I would get credit toward platinum with this booking....is this correct?

They pulled the same thing with us. We used the last of our 50,000 and only got $375.00. The cruise will still count towards your Platinum (even if it is free).

Just one word of warning. They will also automatically charge you travel insurance ($70.00) to your credit card without discussing it with you. And when you question the charge, the agent lied to us. He told us that travel insurance is "required". (his exact word) Fortunately, we had cruised enough to know it was just another of their many dishonest tactics and had it removed. So if you don't want travel insurance, be sure to tell them FIRST thing, (even before you give them a credit card number)

We just used 50,000 miles to get a $500 discount on the Carnival Pride in March. I was asked about the travel insurance, declined it, and was not charged. We booked the cruise through our PVP at Carnival who was quite knowlegeable and then switched the booking over to Sea Miles to get the discount. They honored the same quoted price, even though rates had gone up a little. Our PVP assured us he still received his commission which is nice because he did a great job.

We just used 50,000 miles to get a $500 discount on the Carnival Pride in March. I was asked about the travel insurance, declined it, and was not charged. We booked the cruise through our PVP at Carnival who was quite knowlegeable and then switched the booking over to Sea Miles to get the discount. They honored the same quoted price, even though rates had gone up a little. Our PVP assured us he still received his commission which is nice because he did a great job.

Was this your first cruise with Carnival? The reason I am asking is because I was told by our Sea Miles Agent that the reason we only got $375.00 was because we had already gotten a "past cruisers" discount on the cruise.

Of course, giving us only $375.00 was perfectly legal...it is just amazing that what they advertise in BOLD PRINT and what you actually end up getting can be two very different things.

It was bad enough that they charged the $70.00 to our credit card without even asking us if we wanted insurance, but then to "argue" with my husband that it was "required". Fortunately, we have been cruising longer than "Junior" has been alive, so this is one passenger that they did not get to SCAM!!

If we decide to do it, I'll look into it. I have a few pvp's that I've worked with in the past.....but 1 has been a great help recently....he might be "the one"......

Like LHP said.....I can get my $500 thru sea miles if I pay full price........the girl said I would be double dipping if I combined it with a discount.

......the way I see it.....it's something that I've earned. I pumped alot of my bills thru it to get to 70,000 miles in the last year. SEA MILES JUST SUCKS!!!

Archived