Ship Time vs Island Time.... I'm so confused.

Buddyjay16

Grand Cayman is always on Eastern Standard Time. The Cayman Islands do not observe Daylight Savings Time.

Since most of the US does observe Daylight Savings Time, there is a time difference between Miami and Cayman for part of the year.

In the winter months, Cayman Time = Miami Time.

In the summer months, Cayman Time = Miami Time minus 1 hour... or

In the summer months, Cayman Time = Houston Time.

Just fyi when I reserved our Stingray City tour through Captain Marvin's, (we'll be there Jan. 22nd) they sent me the following email just to set everything straight for us regarding the time...I really apreciated it...

Last week the Inspiration crew told several of our guests that ship's time was different from island time, so they arrived at our office too late to take our trip. Don't let the crew convince you that that is true! Island time and Inspiration time are the same this time of year. See you in January!

Hope that helps anyone travelling there this month.

Deb

Where was the Inspiration sailing from?

We'll be with Captain Marvin's on Jan 25th, sailing on the Conquest out of Galveston, TX. I was confused about the time changes too. Several of the reviews I've read about our ship mention changing the clocks. I guess it depends where you're sailing out of and your destinations??

the clocks now will be going "ahead" in March (instead of April) and "back" in September (instead of October) in 2007. The day we leave on the Liberty (March 11) is the same day the clocks "spring ahead".:confused:

Igitur,

Are you on the Inspiration?? 1/20-1/25? I wanted to book Capt. Marnvin's but was concerned the times would not workout- we are in port 7am -2pm. I was concidering Hannibal this is 9:30-12:00 or Buccaneer 10:30-1:30, the later may be too tight on time too.

Igitur,

Are you on the Inspiration?? 1/20-1/25? I wanted to book Capt. Marnvin's but was concerned the times would not workout- we are in port 7am -2pm. I was concidering Hannibal this is 9:30-12:00 or Buccaneer 10:30-1:30, the later may be too tight on time too.

Cruzinkids...

We are on that sailing. When I booked it, I received an email from them telling me that they were going to put us on the earlier shorter trip instead (8:30 - 10:45) ...so that we wouldn't have a problem...here's the note they sent me. Hope it helps...

You have requested reservations on our 10:00 trip for

Jan. 22nd; however, because the Inspiration's last tender is at 1:00, you

will not be able to take this trip, as it does not get back to our dock

until 1 PM, and there is another 10-15 minute bus ride before you would get

back to town.

I have therefore reserved 4 spots for you on our 8:30 AM trip for Jan. 22nd.

Please meet us at our office in the Waterfront Centre, 2 blocks LEFT of the

cruise ship pier. You should be here by 8:00 that morning, with towels and

sunscreen. Please note that local time is the same as Inspiration time this

time of year.

Archived