Will I Make the Flight? Conquest 2/11.

slochap

My wife and I are on the Conquest out of Galveston 2/11 and arriving back at 8am on 2/17. I was advised that a flight out of Bush (IAH) at 1230 pm would be ok. Galveston Limo doesn't think anything before 3pm would work. Any thoughts? Any sure way to make the 1230 flight? Thanks in advance.

There is no absolute sure way to make that happen. However, you will need to either do the self-disembarkation where you carry all of your bags off yourself or go to the purser's desk when they pass out the luggage tags and show them your airline ticket and get them to bump you to a color that will disembark early. However, keep in mind that the ship can be late back to port or sometimes the ship clearing customs takes a while. If you can get a later flight, I would, especially when your transportation (the people sho do this all the time) are telling you it's not doable.

It's a 1.5 hour drive from Galveston to IAH. It doesn't happen every week but in the last few months that ships have been delayed getting back into Galveston due to heavy fog. Other weeks people have reported being off that early (or earlier) by self disembarking (carrying your own bags off the ship). Carnival doesn't recommend anything earlier than a 1:30 flight and I have to agree.

Since Galveston Limo is a shared ride service they will wait until the other people on the shuttle arrive before leaving. If you are delayed at all, they may not be the best option for transportation for an early flight. You would be better off having a private car waiting to drive you to the airport.

We have a 1pm flight out of Bush. We have a private car to pick us up for that very reason. We are coming into La Porte on the Dream though. This way as soon as your off the boat you are gone. They said it should be no problem making the flight. Let me know if you want more info on the company we are using.

Rob

Disney Magic 2/03

Disney Magic 2/04

NCL Dream 2/07

Try Gulfcoastlimo.com.

We used them for our cruise this past October.

Private limo from the airport and we shared the return trip with two cruisers we met on board.

The service was excellent! The price was very reasonable. It was a great experience. We would not hesitate to use them again.

We were in the airport before 10:30 after doing the self assist. We had a 12:30 flight.

You can reserve a one way rental car from enterprise or hertz at the dock. We prereserved for both of them anticipating if there was a line there we could go to the other one. They do not charge your credit card for the reservation. It was a good thing we had reserved a car because we were on the conquest in October when the man went missing overboard. We had a 1pm flight which we could not make because of this and could not get another flight as every airline was booked. We wound up driving it all the way back home. If we would not have had a reservation I guess we would have been stuck to the next day.

We reserved enterprise on the way to the cruise and it was very easy to turn in the car and they drive you right up to the dock. Wound up on hertz for the long drive home. Rental car prices were about $40 each way. Sign up for their member programs and the price is better than what is originally quoted.

• 2 weeks later...
My wife and I are on the Conquest out of Galveston 2/11 and arriving back at 8am on 2/17. I was advised that a flight out of Bush (IAH) at 1230 pm would be ok. Galveston Limo doesn't think anything before 3pm would work. Any thoughts? Any sure way to make the 1230 flight? Thanks in advance.

I don't know if this was a typo but our ship doesn't arrive back into port until Sunday February 18, 2007. You might want to recheck your reservations...:o

Also you might want to join us over at the Carnival Conquest roll call for 02/11/07, seems like some really great folks on there.

Happy Cruising...:p

You can reserve a one way rental car from enterprise or hertz at the dock. We prereserved for both of them anticipating if there was a line there we could go to the other one. They do not charge your credit card for the reservation. It was a good thing we had reserved a car because we were on the conquest in October when the man went missing overboard. We had a 1pm flight which we could not make because of this and could not get another flight as every airline was booked. We wound up driving it all the way back home. If we would not have had a reservation I guess we would have been stuck to the next day.

We reserved enterprise on the way to the cruise and it was very easy to turn in the car and they drive you right up to the dock. Wound up on hertz for the long drive home. Rental car prices were about $40 each way. Sign up for their member programs and the price is better than what is originally quoted.

Enterprise and Hertz have car rentals at the dock in Galveston?

Archived