Help! Questions about cruising with baby on Diamond Princess

anne_nyc

Hi! We are going on a cruise in February with our 11 month old son, plus grandparents and an aunt & uncle. I have been doing lots of searches on these boards but wanted to put some general questions out there.

1- Is it true I can request jarred baby food for my son ahead of time? If yes, will they provide organic? What about plain (no sugar) yogurt?

2 - I know infants can't be in the group babysitting but can we pay cash for an in-room sitter in the evening?

3 - The grandparents have booked a suite on the same floor - can we use a baby monitor from a few doors down during naps?

4 - Can we request a crib or should we bring our pack n play?

5 - I caught the tip about bring out blow up tub. Anything else we should keep in mind?

Thanks in advance!

1- Is it true I can request jarred baby food for my son ahead of time? If yes, will they provide organic? What about plain (no sugar) yogurt?

Yes - for baby food there is a form you fill out (ask your travel agent or call Princess) and you can select the number of jars of meat/veggies/fruit you want. No organic (my twins are also on organic foods, but not during vacations) - it's Gerber's I believe. They also have rice cereal. Yogurt is available at the breakfast buffet but it's fruit (with sugar).

2 - I know infants can't be in the group babysitting but can we pay cash for an in-room sitter in the evening?

No babysitting at all is available for children under three. You can take your baby to the play area though - you will find other parents with their babies & toddlers there as well.

3 - The grandparents have booked a suite on the same floor - can we use a baby monitor from a few doors down during naps?

Sorry - don't know on this one.

4 - Can we request a crib or should we bring our pack n play?

They will provide a crib, but I understand that they use regular sheets folded up, so you may want to bring your own sheets.

I took my twin babies/toddlers on the Diamond and on her sister, the Sapphire, and they were the absolute BEST trips. Babies are welcomed and catered to, as long as you're willing to be flexible about what they're eating. Bring plenty of extra bottles or sippy cups, pacifiers or anything else you couldn't live without if they get lost or broken.

Have a great time!

Best,

Mima

Archived