Question for all you back-to-back cruisers...

flitter306

What type of room do you recommend? We booked a balcony room for our back-to-back Valor cruise and now I'm wondering if I'm going to be cramped in there for two weeks. Plus, I don't know how two weeks of showering in that little stall is gonna fly!

I should also mention that this is for our honeymoon, so I'm willing to splurge if it'll make a difference.

What type of room do you recommend? We booked a balcony room for our back-to-back Valor cruise and now I'm wondering if I'm going to be cramped in there for two weeks. Plus, I don't know how two weeks of showering in that little stall is gonna fly!

I should also mention that this is for our honeymoon, so I'm willing to splurge if it'll make a difference.

You don't say which room you have....DH and I just spent a week on Glory in room 6473. Half way through I was wishing we were back to back. I could have lived in that room. Seeing that we had a balcony for some private outside time and a whole ship for the rest of the time we were great.

If you mean cramped with clothes and junk.... I learned on this board to put my luggage under the beds to save space in the closet. Anything we bought went right into the luggage under the bed to keep the vanity free. You might want to bring the over the door shoe holder to organize your bathroom if you tend to have a lot of stuff.

I found the shower to be just fine. Liked it much better than the Fantasy.

DH and I did a back to back on the Valor in July 2006 in cabin 6364 which is a balcony, not an extended one.

No problem with storage, use under the bed for the suitcases and don't forget there are two hugh drawers under the couch. Put the life jackets under the bed also. We never felt cramped and probably could have done one more week.

Hint: You do not have to do the lifeboat drill the second week. The Valor only has one deck for muster stations, so it is redundant to do the drill again. If you are staying in your same cabin, just ask your cabin steward and I'm sure he'll tell you the same. Instead, just have a toast on the balcony while everyone else standing around with the life vest. Also, you can get off the ship while it's at Miami once you get your second week cards. Then you can re-enter through the VIP lounge so you do not have to wait in line.

You'll love it! We've booked 2 back to backs for this year as a result. Carnival Spirit Vancouver to Vancouver then Vancouver to Hawaii! Also, Carnival Miracle Dec 2007. Don't remember the itinerary and don't much care, just along for the ride.

Archived