What's with all this junk on posts , too much unneeded stuff!!

Maryandi

How do I add a picture the right size to be my avator?? I've tried, but it keeps saying that the image is too large and must be a maximum of 80 x 80 pixels... What the &%#@ is a pixel anyway? :) I'm really not computer illiterate.....

I've got software to shrink the pictures...I just don't have a ton of time. If you email me a pic I'll shrink it to 80x80 (just give me a few days, I've got a ton of grading to do! ;) )

ogruber@wizardstouchDOTcom (make the DOT a . )

Gary: I LOVE the dolphins---hope you keep them for a long time And I'd do something like that to my sig if I knew how!
I'll give it a try, Penny. :D

Put your cursor over my swimming dolphins. RIGHT CLICK. Down on the bottom of the screen that will appear, LEFT CLICK on Properties.

You'll get another screen. HIGHLIGHT and COPY the complete web address (it may say LOCATION).

Go to EDIT SIGNATURE, make a space right after Penny and PASTE the web address in that space. (or wherever you wish to put it) :D

Add b]to the front of the web address (no spaces) and add [b] to the end of the web address (remember no spaces and don't forget that FORWARD slash in the last one).

Click on FINISH or whatever they ask you to do to edit your signature and you're home free. Don't be discouraged if it doesn't all go as planned the first time, try , try again. :D

Others will correct me (ooooooh, will they:) ) if I'm giving you incorrect information, so give it a try. Later on you can pick out any one of billions of .gifs on the net if you so choose. Others will tell you where to look, I can't remember where they are.

Carry on. :D

OMG, cruisinmom2! Please know that I wasn't referring to you! I'm so sorry if you thought I was. I thank you for the compliment. That was very kind of you. I was referring to the subject behind this post. I personally think this was a post intended to upset us, but it did not. :) pholter..yep it was Jeff, aka (OctoberDestiny)! :) He is such a big help to everyone.

Hey Cotton! Wowzo isn't new,just changed the name.

Cotton; Have you ever done the Natchez dinner cruise? We are going to do it in October if you want to go.

Hey. Yep, I've done both the 2-hour lunch jazz cruise and the dinner jazz cruise. FUN! Just might be a possibility - When in October are y'all going? My best friend lives in the Quarter (as well as my daughter), so maybe some of us will join y'all.......?

(I still don't know who Wowzo is, even with those two other 'names'.)

Gary: Thanks for the directions---they were just perfect except I didn't want to "borrow" your great dolphins pics, seems unjust! So, I googled animated dolphin gifs and came up with one I like almost as well as yours! thanks again, and sorry to others that are bothered by these pics. I like them, they kind of "lighten things up a bit" in my mind. And since they can easily be turned "off" for viewers who don't care for them, I think there should be no problem with those of us who want them. Happy Sails!!! :)

I agree with all of the previous threads. I think this was meant to upset certain people ( which it didn't ), and I think the extras added to the threads make things a little more interesting too! I will get around to listing my previous cruises and adding pictures some day. My first problem is that I am not very good with computers and don't know the difference between a pixel and a pick axe. My second problem is that I do murals and oil paintings for a living and I'm a little creatively "tapped out" when I get onto the computer. I just like to chill out and chat for a while. Heaven forbid I get on the computer and do a little work. I just want to play. But please keep the pictures, it makes me smile!!!

OMG, cruisinmom2! Please know that I wasn't referring to you! I'm so sorry if you thought I was.
Oh no, no! I was just playing with you. ;) I knew exactly what you were talking about (and totally agree with you)!

I'm with all the others that like to see the list of cruises -- that way I know who to ask when I have questions about a specific ship. (OR, I know who to tune out when they start spouting off about a ship or cruiseline they've never set foot on!) :D

That's the beauty of this new board.......You can see all the stuff or turn it off.....This new board was designed with only so much space in the signature as well......Personally, I love all of this color.....Not only does it add to the looks, it's got some interesting info in there....but again feel free to turn it off if it's too much for you.

Actually, this board is SOOOOO much easier for adding pics to your posts and signatures... if you have the advanced editing on, you can just right click on a picture, click "copy" and then "paste" it into your signature... no code required... See, I stole the dolphins :D THere are some really great features on this new board and now that the initial confusion is over, I really like it MUCH better....

Dolphins.gif

Hey. Yep, I've done both the 2-hour lunch jazz cruise and the dinner jazz cruise. FUN! Just might be a possibility - When in October are y'all going? My best friend lives in the Quarter (as well as my daughter), so maybe some of us will join y'all.......?

(I still don't know who Wowzo is, even with those two other 'names'.)

Cotton; I knew about your daughter living in the Quarter.That's why I thought about you. We are going on the dinner jazz cruise October 9th. Will get back to you with more info.We have a post on the boards about this with our E-mail addresses.We have several people from the boards going.

And I DO like seeing everyones signature!:D

Ok, I just realized after reading this thread, that I'm not getting the pictures--and Gary, I miss your dolphins!
I admit I am computer challenged and blonde too!
So what do I need to do, step by step>
Thanks, op for complaining!

[quote name='iluvdoxies']Ok, I just realized after reading this thread, that I'm not getting the pictures--and Gary, I miss your dolphins!
I admit I am computer challenged and blonde too!
So what do I need to do, step by step>
Thanks, op for complaining![/QUOTE]

[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=blue]Just go up to the blue bar at the top and click on User CP.Explore...:D [/color][/size][/font]

[url="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=53008"][size=5]voyagerfl[/size][/url][size=5] [/size]
[size=5][color=darkslateblue]How did you do your signature so it appears in columns.[/color][/size]

Can you stand one more Question?
I have tried and tried to get the smiley faces, etc..... to work within the written response.
How do you get it to work?
I love all your avatars and history's. This tells me you know what you are talking about!!
Thanks
Kris

[quote name='MrPeteLI']I just like to see what I'm gonna steal next. Some great art out there, and you don't have to surf.[/QUOTE]

Peter, how did you find the letters that spell out your name? I think that looks really neat.

Archived