jewelry shopping

Cruzin-K

If you go nowhere else for jewelry in St. Maarten, go see Ken Adiani at Shoppers Haven at 49 Front Street. I spent a large amount of $$ with him in 2003 and have bought from him since. My sister was just there a couple months ago and went all over comparing prices and wound up dealing with Ken.

He is top-notch, very knowledgeable and will not disappoint you.

Drop my name (Archie) if you like.

I have nothing at stake here, just giving you the benefit of my experience with jewelry shopping in St. Maarten. My wife and I went into every, and I mean every store.

Save some time and go to a few, then see Ken!

While shopping in St. Maarten enjoy a cold beer and a cigar in the store! I thought that was neat. The beers they have, but bring your own cigar.

The nice things about shopping for jewelry in December is that the high season crowds arent there yet so the shopping is less rushed and merchants will have more time to help you and the selection will be at its highest. The jewelers buy at all of the major shows in the Fall and its usually in the cases and ready to go in December. Many jewelry styles you will find in the cases won't have even arrived in the United States yet.

The hot items this year are Fancy colored diamonds, asscher diamonds, any diamond over 2 carats (their getting harder and harder to find in the large sizes) Alexandrite and pink sapphires.

All of the islands you mentioned should be a lot of fun, St Thomas and St Maarten are wonderful for jewelry shopping.

The up and coming Island in your list for Jewelry is St Kitts. Quite a few of the better Jewelers are opening up there this year.

CaribbeanBlue

http://www.*****.org

• 11 years later...

I just came back from St Thomas and had gone to Helena's Jewelers which is located next to Diamonds International right at the port. The person who helped me was Jack. I have a phone number 721-543-1253. I brought my ring to Jareds to have sizing beads put on and they said it was an amazing stone (although the store did the original sizing, once I got back in the cold the ring was too big). Jared's could not get earrings for me in that same quality. I am a bit sad that I did not get earrings to match. If you happen to go there and see Jack will you get an email address? I was also able to talk him down from a marked price of 4200 to 2500. Have fun!!