Price reduction questions......

Price reduction questions......

...... looks like our cabin category dropped $70.00/person, I have a call into the PVP that I'm dealing with because I don't know how my one day sale works into things.....

for example

I'm taking my parents.....

my parents original booking was a not discounted cruise fare of $2118(nothing available at the time)

they allowed me to change on the 1 day sale back in November, that took it to $1798

the new on line price today is $1978

will they lower the sale because the overall cruise fare dropped $70/person or will they say that my current sale rate is lower than the new current pricing?

My cabin is Military rate, so was there a base rate established(like a certain percent off of the categories full price for the sail date) or will my Military rate drop because the overall rate dropped $70/person?

I figured that's how it would be for the reqular bookings, but was hoping that my Military rate would drop.

At the time of original booking, I had 1 at a Militray rate and 3 cabins(for 5 other family members) at straight up rate...nothing else available.......the change for the 1 day sale saved me $900+ on the 3 cabins and at this time, they still don't have any past guest/friend and family available.....so today's overall rate reduction gives me hope that they might eventually give some other discounts to past guest. Time will tell.........

what day are you sailing and what rate did you book? your other 3 cabins are not past guests or they just had no past guest rates at the time?
I booked in October for next October and at the time was told there were no past guest rates out at the time and that I could get dicounts if offered in the future. Thats why they made changes for me when the 1 day sale hit in November(it took 3 PVP's).......

all 7 of us are past guest and even with the new currents that I got this week, I can't get a past guest code to work. We have 3 Upper deck extended balconies with an attached interior. The price drop I found today is the first sign of anything specific for this sailing (I check regularly)......I'm hoping that a past guest rate will come out and that it should be better than the 1 day sale.

I booked in October for next October and at the time was told there were no past guest rates out at the time and that I could get dicounts if offered in the future. Thats why they made changes for me when the 1 day sale hit in November(it took 3 PVP's).......

all 7 of us are past guest and even with the new currents that I got this week, I can't get a past guest code to work. We have 3 Upper deck extended balconies with an attached interior. The price drop I found today is the first sign of anything specific for this sailing (I check regularly)......I'm hoping that a past guest rate will come out and that it should be better than the 1 day sale.

For the past guest code to work your name, email, everything that you register with online with Carnival HAS TO MATCH the infomation you were booked under. I had the same problem, my previous cruise was booked under my full name, I registered using my middle name, once I realized what the problem was I went online to "change my profile", change to my first name and it then associated with my past guest number. Try that. Hope it helps.

For the past guest code to work your name, email, everything that you register with online with Carnival HAS TO MATCH the infomation you were booked under. I had the same problem, my previous cruise was booked under my full name, I registered using my middle name, once I realized what the problem was I went online to "change my profile", change to my first name and it then associated with my past guest number. Try that. Hope it helps.
Thanks, I'll look into it.

I was looking at the discount sites and they are not listing that far out for military... only to June... I thought you were orginally talking about the Triumph in Feb... the past guest had nothing listed yet either.

I bet as it gets closer the rate will start dropping, right before the final payment is due.

On another note, we also are from Chicago... we grew up in Des Plaines and Libertyville but a few years ago decided to move to the beach... Chicago is great! Good luck in your search for a lower rate

I was looking at the discount sites and they are not listing that far out for military... only to June... I thought you were orginally talking about the Triumph in Feb... the past guest had nothing listed yet either.

I bet as it gets closer the rate will start dropping, right before the final payment is due.

On another note, we also are from Chicago... we grew up in Des Plaines and Libertyville but a few years ago decided to move to the beach... Chicago is great! Good luck in your search for a lower rate

We live in Round Lake Park I work in Grayslake, wife works in Elmhurst/woodale and I used to work at Motorola on 45

Really small world! We lived in Grayslake, right by the Jewel but I would ride up to Round Lake to shop at Dominicks since it is less crowded than Gurnee. We eventually moved right off Butterfield Road by Highway 60.

jayscore, my husband graduated from Buffalo Grove High School in 1980. We were just in Des Plaines for Thanksgiving... right off Golf and Dempster!

Really small world! We lived in Grayslake, right by the Jewel but I would ride up to Round Lake to shop at Dominicks since it is less crowded than Gurnee. We eventually moved right off Butterfield Road by Highway 60.

jayscore, my husband graduated from Buffalo Grove High School in 1980. We were just in Des Plaines for Thanksgiving... right off Golf and Dempster!

We got married in our appt (the Mansions) on Golf and Busse

We also book with the military rate. From what I understand, the military rate will not necesarily drop as the regular rate drops. Also, according to my PVP, it is rare to find any discount that will beat the military rate. We started shopping just before the 12 days of christmas sale and our PVP looked through that entire sale and there wasn't anything lower for us, including past guest.

The only way i've been able to figure out to monitor the military rate is on *****. com. They show military rates.

We also book with the military rate. From what I understand, the military rate will not necesarily drop as the regular rate drops. Also, according to my PVP, it is rare to find any discount that will beat the military rate. We started shopping just before the 12 days of christmas sale and our PVP looked through that entire sale and there wasn't anything lower for us, including past guest.

The only way i've been able to figure out to monitor the military rate is on *****. com. They show military rates.

we are both too... past guest and military. I have found that military starts out lower but in the last few cruises that we have gone on the difference has ended up (right before cruise time) being only $20 between the two. For the slight difference we get the highest floor available with past guest instead of entry level... of course if the difference was huge, the military rate would definitely win. There are some perks to being a past guest, according to my PVP :)

Archived