DUNNS RIVER or TUBING w/ KIDS

beachbev

We went to Dunns River Falls 2 years ago & there were plenty of kids.

They will most likely do better than you.

There are plenty of assistance if you need it. You are required to hold hands throughout the entire thing.

Just make sure you have someone you trust on the other end of your 2nd Child... But... I would have no problem.

I have a pretty large & clumsy gal that I had to help through most of it (NOT MY WIFE), and it was really no big deal.

Enjoy It!

- Kansas City Travelers

My family is going in April. Kids are 7 & 10. Is this too dangerous for them? Should we inner tube instead?

My husband and daughter 9 did the falls last month while I walked along the side and took pictures. My daughter said to tell you "The rocks have no sharp edges and they are soft". From what I saw your kids will need help being pulled up from time to time. Our daughter loved it and said "It is something she would love to do again"! :D It took them almost 2 hours to get to the top even though they said it would be 1 hour there was alot of people that day and it is better to go slow and play it safe. They also have a guy filming your group as you climb the falls, You can buy the Video at the end for $40 we talked them down to $35. :D They will have the video sent to the ship before you leave the port. Have a great time on your cruise !!!

Cali :)

Monarch Baja 11/30/07

Voyager W. Caribbean 12/06

Voayger E. Caribbean 11/05

S.S. Azure seas Baja 11/90

We climbed Donns River Falls last April with our boys who were 5 and 8 at the time. They loved it!!!! We used Peat Taylor and he took us on a tour of the area then tubing. We had plenty of time for everything. The kids loved both. We will be there again next month and are doing a smaller zip line and ATV tour. Hopefully time to tube again!

We're debating the same thing for our cruise in Nov. We're docking in Montego Bay though, and all of the outside tours here all leave from Ocho Rios, does anyone know of any tours that pick up in Montego Bay?

Archived