Picking table prior to cruise

dck12ga

My parents told me that they picked their table/who they wanted to sit with in the group prior to the cruise??!! Is this normal?? We are in a group and I am wondering if we can pick who we sit with before the cruise?? Anybody have an answer to that?? I have tried to search for it but could not find anything. Thank you! :D

My parents told me that they picked their table/who they wanted to sit with in the group prior to the cruise??!! Is this normal?? We are in a group and I am wondering if we can pick who we sit with before the cruise?? Anybody have an answer to that?? I have tried to search for it but could not find anything. Thank you! :D

You can have your bookings linked with another party by letting your TA know. If its a group set up by an agency they normally do this for you.

Hi, my family is going through this right now. I gave everyone my booking number, and when they made their reservations with the PVP, they provided my booking number and got the same table as us. It was a piece of cake.

Yep, we are already linked togeather but can I pick who I want to sit with at which table?? Before we go??

You would have to check with the agency you booked the group cruise with. I know some have it set up where they rotate the tables so you can meet everyone in your group. Other have assigned seating within the group.

The answer is "NO" unless someone is a good pal with the Maitre'D. The seating arrangments are done by computer on board only a few days in advance of the cruise. You don't pick your table and if you have a group linked that exceeds the size of the table, they will be grouped randomly by rooms at each table for as many tables as it takes...

The answer is "NO" unless someone is a good pal with the Maitre'D. The seating arrangments are done by computer on board only a few days in advance of the cruise. You don't pick your table and if you have a group linked that exceeds the size of the table, they will be grouped randomly by rooms at each table for as many tables as it takes...

I have seen it done many, many times with singles groups, family reunions..etc. Some had 5+ tables all linked together in the same section.

I have seen it done many, many times with singles groups, family reunions..etc. Some had 5+ tables all linked together in the same section.

:confused: That is what I said, but is a different question than the OP asked - if they had 5+ tables linked, they randomly fill them by each room that is linked, then fill the next table and the next and so on, so your group will be all together.

That is different than specifying we want table 123 for rooms A, B, C, D then table 124 for rooms X, K, J, Y and table 125 for rooms L, Q, P

Carnival does not have the data systems to pass that information on, it could be done manually, but have never heard of it happening, ever...

:confused: That is what I said, if they had 5+ tables linked, they randomly fill them by each room that is linked, then fill the next table and the next and so on, so your group will be all together.

That is different that specifying we want table 123 for rooms A, B, C, D then table 124 for rooms X, K, J, Y and table 125 for rooms L, Q, P

Carnival does not have the data systems to pass that information on, it could be done manually, but have never heard of it happening, ever...

I dont think the OP meant she wanted a specific table. She wanted to be able to pick the people that are seated at her table. Atleast thats how I read it.

I dont think the OP meant she wanted a specific table. She wanted to be able to pick the people that are seated at her table. Atleast thats how I read it.

I didn't read it as that either until they posted again, read post #3

OK I am here... We have a group of 24 people and sailing on the Miracle in Feb.. I want to know if i can sit at the same table with my sister and her family. My parents want to sit with his brother and another couple, and so on... My parents seem to think we can tell Carnival who we want to sit with before we go!! Does that clear things up?? I do not even know where to begin to tell carnival where I want to sit in the resturant. This is our first cruise so they could put me in the worst table and I probably would think it was great!!! Thanks for your help everyone:D

With my experiences, you can 'link' cabins for dining purposes, but not individual people. I believe the Miracle has tables for eight, meaning your group would need three, tho' they aren't necessarily grouped together.:(

You may be able to get the tables in the aft by the windows... they seem to be 'grouped' more in-line, and may be more conducive for a large group 'together', but that would probably be up to the Maitre' D to make that possible. Good luck..:)

Your TA or PVP can do the necessary 'linking'..

we had our 3 cabins of 2 linked for dining.......after meeting some CCer's in the roll call we had our group linked with their family grouping. I said I'd be willing to do this as long as my group of 6 wasn't split up. She(the leading Mother of the other family) had a number for a "dining coordinator" she worked with. She wanted to have a window table and was told she couldn't due to the number in her family and that the window tables only held 6.....she then requested that the table for 6 go to my grouping and they be seated by us.......and that's how we were seated, and it was wonderful.

For the record this is the story I was told and at one time I called this girl to make sure my family wouldn't be mixed with theirs. I don't know if this girl was a "coordinator" or it was just an extension to a PVP. I have no reason to believe she would make up the coordinator thing and mabye she was given a contact person because of her group booking. I don't know where the number is......so I can't help you out if you wanted to call yourself..................like I said, it's the story I was told and I'm sticking to it:)

OK I am here... We have a group of 24 people and sailing on the Miracle in Feb.. I want to know if i can sit at the same table with my sister and her family. My parents want to sit with his brother and another couple, and so on... My parents seem to think we can tell Carnival who we want to sit with before we go!! Does that clear things up?? I do not even know where to begin to tell carnival where I want to sit in the resturant. This is our first cruise so they could put me in the worst table and I probably would think it was great!!! Thanks for your help everyone:D
they had tables for 6 along the aft windows on the upper level....it was wonderful. If my memory is correct I think we had table 273....another nice thing about being in this area is they had side exit doors. We would just walk out directly onto the aft exterior promenade(our waiter directed us to these doors) to enjoy the deck and sunset after our meals without having to walk back thru the dinning room.

Take it for what it's worth.....I don't know what their job title is or what dept they work in....this is part of the e-mail she (my CC friend from the roll call) sent me........."Hi Craig and Lorraine, OK your group of 6 are going to be close to our table. When you have time I would like for you to call them and confirm yourself. ( It would make me feel better) The phone # is 1-800=438-6744 ext. # 71150 The girl Who I talked to name is Erica. The girl who is assigned to my group is Dianna, (she was busy, so I got Erica today)" it could very well just be a group PVP and not a "coordinator".

we had two tables for 10. Every night we switched around, some nights at one table with some people, other nights at the other table with others. Every night was a different experience. We sat with different people and also had different views of the room and windows, which was nice.

Ok , this is what we did, if you are all linked togeather then there is a 99% chance that your tables will be right next to each other somewhere ( and by the way, who cares where) in the dining room. When you all arrive at the dinning room just sit next to who ever you want in your family, it doesn't matter what seat you are in, just as long as you don't sit at a table that is NOT assigned to your group.

This is what we did when we traveled with our family of 20 last year. We just found out what tables the group was assigned and then the first night we just sat with who we wanted to, it worked out perfectly for our family, and would for most families unless of course everyone wants to sit with a "special" person........then it is first come first serve I guess. Hope there's not fights LOL!

Hope this helps.........enjoy!

Ok here goes, I have traveled with several large groups one with 42 and one with 77 people. I always chose my tables (not numbers but amount of people at each table) and who sat at what table. I alway faxed or e-mailed my travel agent and it was always correct when we arrived.

yes-- hopefully you booked the reservations using the same agent.

For group group bookings the agnet will handle dining assignments.

for 24 people more then likely you will get 3 tables. Ask the agent to place people at a table based on the booking numbers. You cant just call carnival and tell them-- since you have an agent-- (or a PVP) only they can do that for you.

Do this soon.

Ok , this is what we did, if you are all linked togeather then there is a 99% chance that your tables will be right next to each other somewhere ( and by the way, who cares where) in the dining room. When you all arrive at the dinning room just sit next to who ever you want in your family, it doesn't matter what seat you are in, just as long as you don't sit at a table that is NOT assigned to your group.

That's exactly right!! It doesn't even matter if you sit at the table # that is on your s&s card......as long as you sit at a table in your group. We have done this several times.

Thanks for everyone's reply. I did talk to our ta today and she took the info down and I guess she was going to fax the info to carnival?? Today I also found out that our TA is only working once a week at most. She bought a diner and is trying to start that up. So I am not sure she is working full hearted for us anymore!! I guess we will talk to the Maitre de when we get on the ship! Thanks again!:D

Archived