Donating to Schools

Hi all you lucky Cruisers!

I'm sorry to say we are notgoing on another cruise this year, but we ARE going back to Vanuatu. We decided we'd like to give the place a better look so booked our flights yesterday(cheaper) for Sept....long way off I know.

This is my query:

I was sure I'd read somewhere on these boards about making donations of materials to schools in Vanuatu, but for the life of me I can't get anything to come up. Can anyone help? I would like to physically take supplies over with us and just hand them over, but I read somewhere that it has to go 'via' someone first...any ideas?

Thanks!

PS. Sorry to have interrupted an otherwise ocean- related chat!

Cheers.

Hi Nerissa, how are you??

Congratulations on the booking:D Did you book Fatumaru Lodge??

Have a look on Trip Advisor, I'm sure there was recent thread on the Vanuatu forum re donations. I think it was by JTtravellers????

I have 16weeks till Thailand:p bit nervy bout the flight!! I'm just a cruise girl!! but if I want to travel with the husband I have to fly:(

Cheryl

Hi

We have friends that operate a business in Port Vila and she teaches part time in a school there.

I could make some inquires or give you her email address, but i do know that it's important where you donate as we have friends that had been sponsering a child to attend school but the money was being redirected

cheers

Deps where r u staying there?

Hi Cheryl!

Yes we're off...a long wait, but we have something to look forward to. Yes, we have booked at Fatumaru Lodge.After months of reading forums, reviews etc.,it still came out sounding the best to suit us, and the price is good.

You would not believe how close we were to taking up a 'bargain holiday' in Phuket instead....the following day the bombs went off & Shane pulled out saying we were meant to go back to Vanuatu! Silly I'm sure.

I think you may be right about JT travellers as well. Someone has recently posted a similar question on TA, but no-one has answered and I have tried to get info down from the forum to no avail. Maybe I can just put her name in & see what happens.

Have a great holiday!

Hi DencruiserNZ!

Thanks for your feedback. My e-mail is:nerissanshane@westnet.com.au.

I have been searching the web for info & can only get charities up, & I would prefer to know it was going directly to a school, hence hand delivery if possible. I feel the govt. schools would be the most in need but I could be wrong.

Thanks again.

Archived