The Elation

tineedancer

I was on the Elations last cruise out of Galveston and our waiter told us that the Elation was going into dry dock and getting new carpeting and they were adding mini golf. She is a beautiful ship, I will always hold a special place for her because she was our first cruise. I just hope the Celebration can hold up to our expectations like the Elation did. Floridians are gonna miss it when it moves to San Diego.

She looked great when we were on it in Nov 06. Throughout the cruise, however, they were doing painting touch-ups and some electrical wiring ..... something I don't recall seeing on previous cruises. All in all, the Elation seemed to be in top shape!

We just got off the Elation a couple of days ago...she was in great shape! For an older ship I was very surprised that it looked so good. We've been on much newer ships that did not seem to be maintained as well. Everything was clean, in good repair, and there were no 'odors' that are sometimes found on older ships. The Elation is a fantastic ship and we just had one of the best cruises we've ever had! We don't normally sail on the same ship more than once but we would consider it on the Elation.:)

Archived