Kids alone in Cabin Question

ToniH

Hubby and I will be taking a cruise and taking our kids with us. Kids will be 18 and 8 at the time of sailing and we would like to book a balcany cabin for us and an inside for them across the hall but Carnival says you have to have at least one person 25 or older in cabin. Has anyone ever delt with this and how did you handle it?

THX!

We are doing the same thing for our cruise in August. Our PVP told us it was OK to do this as long as we are directly across the hall. She said that if you are separated by a room or 2 you just need to have 1 parent booked in each room for booking purposes only. It doesn't matter what the sleeping arrangements are once you get there.

Hubby and I will be taking a cruise and taking our kids with us. Kids will be 18 and 8 at the time of sailing and we would like to book a balcany cabin for us and an inside for them across the hall but Carnival says you have to have at least one person 25 or older in cabin. Has anyone ever delt with this and how did you handle it?

THX!

We simply book it that way. We book them in their own cabin sometimes across the hall and sometimes beside us. Never had a problem doing so.

We simply book it that way. We book them in their own cabin sometimes across the hall and sometimes beside us. Never had a problem doing so.

We have done the same (through Carnival PVP). No problem. When you get on-board, you can go to the desk and get an extra key so you can have access to their cabin.

When you get on-board, you can go to the desk and get an extra key so you can have access to their cabin.

That's exactly what we do as well. No key swapping necessary that way and we have an extra key for us to get into their cabin.

We are doing this, too, for Feb 12th cruise. However, how do we get our room to have a full-size bed instead of two twins?

If it's not already set up that way when you get there, just ask your cabin steward to change it. No problem at all.

Spirit class ships have adjoining balcony cabins. We booked them for our S. Caribbean cruise. It worked out great and we were able to book the girls in their own room at the time of booking (oldest was 16 at the time).

Cheers!

Jayne

:)

We just got off fantasy with our boys 18 and 13. When we booked, we booked them seperate cause pvp said as long as they were next door or across the hall..that was fine. It worked out great and lol, they were asleep long before we were. Whats up with no stamina in these kids nowadays??? When I was that age, the sun could be coming out before I would go to bed except when parent demanded it. Anyhoo...was great fun for family.

If it's not already set up that way when you get there, just ask your cabin steward to change it. No problem at all.

Spirit class ships have adjoining balcony cabins. We booked them for our S. Caribbean cruise. It worked out great and we were able to book the girls in their own room at the time of booking (oldest was 16 at the time).

Cheers!

Jayne

:)

Spirit class have balcony to interior adjoining cabins too.....you get the balcony the kids get a loweer priced cabin....double the storage......double bathrooms. WIN WIN situation.

My kids are booked directly in their own.

Sorry to ask such a stupid question but I am nearly a virgin at cruising....how do you have connecting inside and balcony rooms. I have only been on the Celebration and the inside room were on the opposite side of the corridor from the OV? Just curious....We also cruised with kids in separate room. Hubby booked with 2 and I booked with 2. Had keys to their room immediately (though they also had a key to ours)! :rolleyes:

We're sailing in May and are in separate rooms. Myself (21) and my sister (20) are in a balcony room and my mom and grandma are in an interior across the hall. Carnival said we had to be booked directly across from each other, but that my sister and I could be booked in our own room.

Spirit class have balcony to interior adjoining cabins too.....you get the balcony the kids get a loweer priced cabin....double the storage......double bathrooms. WIN WIN situation.

My kids are booked directly in their own.

I know, but someone else had already mentioned that. :)

We always put our kids in a balcony cabin as well--they enjoy the balcony as much as we do.

:D

Sorry to ask such a stupid question but I am nearly a virgin at cruising....how do you have connecting inside and balcony rooms. I have only been on the Celebration and the inside room were on the opposite side of the corridor from the OV? Just curious....We also cruised with kids in separate room. Hubby booked with 2 and I booked with 2. Had keys to their room immediately (though they also had a key to ours)! :rolleyes:

marvel1.gifit's like this on a couple of the decks (not sure if it's all of them)

Archived