Brilliance and then Majesty

We have booked a Panama canal cruise on the Brilliance, followed on the day we get back to Miami by a Bahamas cruise on the Majesty.

Has anyone done this before? What is the procedure for transferring from ship to ship? Do both ships sail from the same cruise terminal?

Any help gratefully received.

Steve

We took a trip 2 years ago on the Navigator and then a day or two later got on the Majesty. We had to go through the exact process again to enter second ship. There is no type of transfer that I am aware of. You get off one and retreive your luggage and bring everything with you on your second journey.

We loved the Majesty and thought she and her crew were great. I said to my wife last night that we should try her again after her refurb.

We leave the 23rd of Feb on the Briliiance to the Panama Canal. Getting excited and looking forwared to it.

Enjoy your trips.

Lonnie

We dock back in Miami on the Brilliance of the Seas at 0700 on 24th. March, and depart on the Majesty of the Seas at 1700 the same day.

I was sort of hoping that RCI would be able to transfer the luggage for me.

Thanks for your quick reply Lonnie. We have a long wait for these cruises as they are not till 2008 :mad:

Steve

Has anyone else changed ship at the same port on the same day?

Yes - I recently did back to back cruises on the Explorer and the Freedom. You're basically on your own. Collect your luggage from the first ship and then make you way over to the second ship. I talked to Guest Relations on the Explorer and asked if they would provide any assistance with the transfer or if we would be able to board the Freedom early since we were just moving from one ship to another. They said that if I needed assistance with my luggage I could find a porter on the pier. As far a boarding the second ship early, no way, I would just have to wait in line to board with everyone else.

Archived