hotel near ft. lauderdale port

NEAL52

We are leaving from Ft. Lauderdale port. We are looking for a hotel to stay in :) and the best form of transportation to get from hotel to port and port to airport 4 days later.

Any help would be appreciated.

We stayed at the Amerisuites on 17th St- book thru Valutrips.com- they picked us up at the airport,then transported us over to the pier the next morning. It is in a convenient location and the hotel was fine for the price ($69 plus tax) and I thought it was a great deal. You get a continental breakfast also,so it was a bargain.

There's an Outback steakhouse a couple of doors away,a grocery store and liquor store within short walking distance,and a trolley bus stops opposite the hotel,you can take a free ride down to the beach or to Las Olas Blvd. :)

Taxi from the ship back to the airport was $14.

Hotel prices can vary greatly according to the season. Also, they tend to increase dramatically if there are any special events going on in Ft. Lauderdale the weekend you plan to stay there... as I found out when booking a room this past October and I discovered there was a boat show that weekend! We ended up staying at Sleep Inn in Dania, very near the airport and cruise port. It's close to shopping (there's a shopping center across the street-- and do eat at the Mexican restaurant in there... it's fabulous!); room rates include a nice breakfast; and it includes a shuttle from the airport and to the cruise port. I've also stayed at the Amerisuites mentioned above, and I liked Sleep Inn better (but they're on par with each other).

After the cruise, the best way to get to the airport is by cab. It's only $10 or so and there's a cab line with a dispatcher right outside the port.

We've stayed at Marriott Harbor Beach and the Renaissance. Both were near to the port, an easy cab ride away. MHB is on the ocean and a lovely facility with a nice pool. I'd stay there again over the Renaissance, which, while a very nice hotel, has a small pool and is right on a main strip. Depends on what you are looking for. Got great deals on both thru Priceline.

We've stayed at Marriott Harbor Beach and the Renaissance. Both were near to the port, an easy cab ride away. MHB is on the ocean and a lovely facility with a nice pool. I'd stay there again over the Renaissance, which, while a very nice hotel, has a small pool and is right on a main strip. Depends on what you are looking for. Got great deals on both thru Priceline.

we stayed at the sleep inn in Dania, the include shuttle from airport and to cruise terminal in their price, also will pick up from terminal after cruise if you are staying there afterward.

We got the Hyatt Pier 66 pre cruise in 2005 on Priceline for $95. www.pier66.com Great place, 10 mins from airport, 5 mins from ship terminal. We used a van service in FLL then as well, but I don't think he is in business any longer. $16.00 per transfer (airport to hotel, hotel to pier, pier to airport) to give you a sense of cost for that type of service. Good luck.

When I use priceline for a hotel near port, what neighborhood should I use and what star level is suggested.:)

You will want to select the "Downtown" location on Priceline. Before you bid, I suggest you consult biddingfortravel.com to get a good idea of what others are getting on Priceline.

As for transfers, we always take cabs. If you try and catch the hotel shuttle, you'll have to wait in a long line of other passengers and the cab is so much easier.

We stayed at the Raddison at the port. They have a fabulous swimming pool with water falls. They have contenental brekfasts in the morning with a man that makes you a omlet exactly how you would like it for free. It also has a tiki bar outside. The rooms are like a typical hotel room. They have a parking lot in the back and they let you park for free while you are gone. They have a shuttle that transports you to the port. When your cruise is over they will pick you up at the port.

Archived