Voyager to Bermuda in 2005, need help from fellow foodies!!!

My wife and I are giving VERY serious consideration to cruising to Bermuda on the Voyager in 2005. HOWEVER, and please don't take offense, we have cruised sister ship Adventure and we were less than thrilled with the food. I mean how many times can you eat at Portofino or Johnny Rockets, they get old quick. Soooooooo.....tell us, how is/was the food on the Voyager?

Let me give you an idea of what we enjoy and perhaps that will aid in your answers. Obliviously, we live in NY and have exposure to some of the best restaurants in the world. We are veterans of 12 cruises ranging from every cruise line from Carnival to Crystal...Princess being our favorite with Celebrity a near equal tie. And before you tell us to just book Celebrity, well, we have been on the Zenith and are just looking for a new experience...but, will book Zenith IF they ever decide to release it to book...and if we don't get satisfactory answers here.

Ok, that being said...here's what we didn't like on the Adventure. We asked specifically for a table for 2. We were thrown into a table of 8 and, hated it. We asked to be moved, not once but, for 3 nights in a row. They refused to accommodate our wishes. We ate Portfino, liked it but, won't rave about it, both my wife and I are Italian-American and, it just wasn't up to our standards...however, it was a glorious change from the main dinning room.
The buffets were OK. Let's face it, they can't get gourment doing a buffet but, what I do object to are the OBLIVIOUS cost cutting tactics they used...
the one thing that sticks in my mind the most was the so called chicken. Not only were the pieces HACKED, they were hacked so small there was very little meat and mostly bone on every single piece. And, Johnny Rockets, sure it's fun but it gets old fast and the lines were forever ongoing....

So, let's hear what you all have to say...I've been reading reviews and apparently a lot of you are experiencing the same stuff on the Voyager this year.... Please be honest, that's the only thing I ask.

Thanks.

Vinnie and Valerie

We were on the Voyager in February of this year, and I didn't find the food very memorable. I am a veteran of 18 cruises and have sailed everything from Premier (remember them?) to Princess. My personal favorite dining experiences are Princess (for it's quality and service) and Carnival (for it's variety). Based on what it sounds like you're looking for, I don't think you'd be happy with the Voyagers' dining experience.

Why not try Raddison Seven Seas Navigator? We went to Bermuda a few weeks ago and it was wonderful. It leaves out of Norfolk and New York, you are in Bermuda on the weekend when no one else is. The food is fantastic and the service is excellent. It costs more but there is no tipping, you get a stocked bar in your cabin, it's an all suite ship, and wine and drinks are free with dinner. The excursions are a cut above the others too.

Already looking into them (Navigator) and am finding excellent 2 for 1 deals, problem is we're not sure of vacation dates yet, but, thanks for the suggestion! Got a little nervous when I read a review that the Navigator didn't live up to it's food reputation and that Princess and Celebrity were better...made me raise an eyebrow...apparently just one sour grape, or, so I would hope. Anyhow, thanks for restoring that option as a possibility. I like the idea of a small ship! Thanks!

Vinnie

Archived