Who has brought beer on board with them and how much??

crazycruzer68

They don't look in the checked luggage at all. They frequently check your carry-ons.

I usually take a 12-pack of beer (and we bring a case of water and a 12 of a certain diet soda), but I did bring a whole 24 suitcase one time with no problems. Of course, I always bring cans so I can carry them on deck in a huggie with no questions. You can bring booze, too, in your checked luggage, although that's not what I do usually. We also usually carry on a bottle of champagne for sailaway, and that is allowed in your carryon.

You can't bring ANYthing on deck in glass any more. Does his beer come in plastic bottles? It's worth a look, since they do sell some of their bar brands in plastic bottles.

The cabin refrigerators are not cold at all. We bring a collapsible cooler and have the steward keep it full of ice - they don't care what you use it for. I always find out where the ice machines are also (usually in unmarked rooms), and help myself when necessary.

we traveled on the conquest in feb. we brought PLENTY with us with a collaps cooler had no trouble at all make sure you pad it the best you can because they do throw your bags around from what we saw at the galveston port carnival recomends that you do lock your bags with a small lock which we did we saw them pull a bottle of crown out of a couples carry on in front of us at check in they took it and allowed them to go on through the check in proc. no problem you wont find much luck on this site about this issue there is alot of carnival cheerleaders here that think you are commiting a capitol crime smuggiling a little drink onboard but atleast for the conquest you can feel safe with packing whatever you want in your checked luggage i also recomend buying some to take home with you as it is CHEAP ;) hope this helps i highly recomend rose hall beach in jamaica and dont recomend playa mia in Cozomel have fun :D ;)

• 11 months later...

I bought three Coors Light "Cooler Packs" with 18 plastic bottles each. The box has a blue plastic liner to keep the ice in. Basically, the box becomes a temporary cooler, hence the name.

I just broke box down, folded up the liner and put it all in the suitcase. A whole suitcase was nothing but beer and towels. Once on board, I put the boxes back together, put in the liner, put in the bottles, put in the ice, then put the beer in my belly. Worked awesome. Plus, there is no metal to freak out possible metal detectors, and no glass to clank around.

We are driving in this time so bottles shouldn't be a problem they will be in our carry-on.

So not to take money away from the cruise line we will buy all of DD water bottles, we only bring the beer because he can't get what he wants from the bar!!!

If you try to board with a case of beer in your carry on luggage, they will spot it during the screening of your luggage in the X-Ray. Best to let the porter to the dirty work!

Put the items that are allowed like a bottle wine or champagne per person and cokes in the carry-on and save the room in your suitcase for the not allowed items like beer and hard liquor. On our Conquest cruise we took the huge bottles of champagne, the bottles are like double the size of a regular bottle of wine or champagne and they never said a word.

We leave Sunday on the pride. Can I bring water, soda, beer, and a bottle in our carry on or checked baggage?

You are allowed one bottle of wine or champagne per person of age, and it can be in carry on. You are allowed a "reasonable amount" of bottled water or soda. No other alcohol is allowed, so anything else you plan to bring should be in checked bags. If your trip is in or near spring break or early summer (when the wild ones show up) the checked bags are "checked" more closely and smuggled stuff gets found. That's the quick of it. Enjoy!

When we went on NCL Pearl last year I emptied water bottles out at home and filled them with Vodka and Whiskey and then packed those and Pepsi and other water bottles in our checked bags. Never a problem - except for the fact that my hubby drank so much his gout acted up so we ended up bringing a bunch of that alcohol home with us.....oh well it's there for our next cruise - he's gonna need it - this time we are taking all the kids!!!

When we went on NCL Pearl last year I emptied water bottles out at home and filled them with Vodka and Whiskey and then packed those and Pepsi and other water bottles in our checked bags. Never a problem - except for the fact that my hubby drank so much his gout acted up so we ended up bringing a bunch of that alcohol home with us.....oh well it's there for our next cruise - he's gonna need it - this time we are taking all the kids!!!

lol :p

• 4 weeks later...

How do you disguise the alcohol, I assume you put it in the checked baggage?

My last cruise I was able to sneak on 5-12 packs in my suitcase. Seeing my suitcase show up that night was just about as exciting as seeing my wifes face after she walked into our Cat 11 wraparound after expecting a regular balcony.

Yogi- I am so glad that I am able to wake up everyday and not feel as sour as you seem to on a regular basis. Go for the little blue pill:)

Archived