Anything lively in Costa Maya?

theotherchad

I've read reviews of places like the Cat's Meow and others that addressed drink prices, food quality, how nice the staff were, etc, but I'm wondering if these places are lively. I mean, as in with music, dancing, possibly some tequila shots. Is there anything approximating a Senor Frogs, Carlos N Charlie's, or that sort of thing in Costa Maya? A daytime party place?

my guess would be ...around the port pool bar might be a place for that. but i know last yr after a few strong drinks at majauhal(spelled wrong) we had a little party goin..i guess a party is what you make it. maybe ask the wait staff to make it a little more livelier?

• 2 weeks later...

There is nothing in the beach village that could be considered a party bar. It is pretty laid back. They only got electricity about 10 years ago. But the pool at dockside can be fun> it has a full bar. By the way, all the workers in the dock area live there only during the week and go back to the Cozumel area on weekends. No ships are there during the weekend. The workeres live in small apartments, no air during the week.

I've read reviews of places like the Cat's Meow and others that addressed drink prices, food quality, how nice the staff were, etc, but I'm wondering if these places are lively. I mean, as in with music, dancing, possibly some tequila shots. Is there anything approximating a Senor Frogs, Carlos N Charlie's, or that sort of thing in Costa Maya? A daytime party place?

That is what is most charming about Mahajual, there aren't any places like that near the beach... I heard some folks getting loud in the pier area (Costa Maya), so that might be the place for you....

The pool area is for anybody. "Costa Maya" is just the name for the cruise ship pier area. Its a made up place that reminds me of a cold shopping mall, that just happens to have bars, a pool and a small beach area.

Archived