Process for Back to Back cruising.

PRFIRE45

Hello

I will be doing a back to back cruise on the NCL Dawn in Oct. 2007. We plan on doing a 2 day to cruise to nowhere on 10/26/07 then followed by a 14 day repo cruise on 10/28. My question is... does anyone know what NCL's process is regarding disembarkation of the ship in between the 2 cruises. Do I get to stay onboard, do I have to leave the ship for a while and do I have to take my luggage off with me?

Any replies will be appreciated from the NCL veterans out there.

Thanks

We are doing a back-to-back cruise on the Star this September. We are doing the Pacific coastel, followed by the Mexican Riveria and have the same cabin on both cruises. My understanding is that we MUST disembark between cruises, but our luggage can stay on board. It may be because NCL needs to generate a new pass for onboard expenses, etc.

Hope this helps!:)

Hello

I will be doing a back to back cruise on the NCL Dawn in Oct. 2007. We plan on doing a 2 day to cruise to nowhere on 10/26/07 then followed by a 14 day repo cruise on 10/28.

Hi PRFIRE45 - why don't you join our roll call for the repo cruise at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=371506 - quite a busy little group - we'd be pleased if you would come aboard ...

With regard to B2B cruises - we're doing the repo and the one after that (same cabin) We were told that luggage can stay aboard. Haven't checked yet about the humans - LOL

Hi Phil,

We did a B2B on the Jewel out of Miami last year. Did have to leave the ship (after all other pax off) and wait for a short time in the terminal . I think we had to take our passports with us. Luggage stayed on ship.

Maybe that's not the case in NYC from the other experience reported.

Good news: we didn't have to go through muster again.:D

Best to Marie, Marla & Jorge.:)

UNLESS THINGS HAVE CHANGED SINCE AUGUST 2006...

we did a b2b on the Jewel in august out of Barcelona. We didn't have to leave the ship (we didn't pack, just another day in paradise), but we did. We wanted to spend the day touring Barcelona. We got our new cruise cards before we left (left with the first group of passengers who handled their own luggage) and just got ahold of the concierge once we got back through security in the terminal. WE TOOK OUR PASSPORTS TOO, just in case, but didn't need them.

When we did a b2b in NYC on the Dawn, we also didn't pack a thing...left the ship with new cards in hand, went down the street to see the Intrepid (not there anymore, it's in bayonne in drydock) had a wonderful time and walked back around 2:15. No line, came through security showed the key cards and walked back on board.

b2b is great. you feel privileged not to have to pack at the end of the first cruise. you live out the fantasy of not having to go home like everyone else. you get to see how the ship changes with different passengers (and the whole tone changes, esp in nyc). but then reality hits and your second cruise is done and you do have to go home.

we'll be on the 2 day in october, in an AC Penthouse. we've never stayed in one (usually in the GV), so I guess we'll get a sense of what it really is like to be on NCL without the services associated with the GV. I don't mean that to sound bad...just I know that NCL treats GV pax differently and does so intentionally. You just don't stand on a line when you're in the GV. So it will be interesting to see if the staff is just as nice to us in October as they were last December.

Archived