Wine, bring or buy your own?

chrcloe

I heard some rumors that you can bring wine on board and be served it at dinner if you pay a corkage fee. Is this allowed or will the agents confiscate it when you board? How much do the wine packages cost? We usually drink moderately priced wine so I don't know if it is worth it or not, but would like to have some to enjoy on our balcony? We are leaving on the Rhapsody on January 28.

I can't speak for others, but we took our own wine for both cruises, and had no problems bringing it on board.

We brought enough wine for (almost ) the entire cruise, but ended up buying wine anyway a few nights.

Why bring it?

Because DW makes her own wine, and it works out to about $3.00/bottle, so even with the odd Corkage fee, it's still cheaper than buying on board.

Secondly we found that the ship stocks mostly American wines, and the Italian (which we prefer) selection was very limited and very pricey.

So this way, we could save our money for the fancy drinks and "bucket'O'beers" up on deck! :D

Since they instituted the new alcohol policy last summer, it's hit or miss. Some people have been able to get their wine onboard, some people haven't. Of those that did, some people were charged a corkage fee, some weren't.

Archived