Gadget Question

JJHA04

Hello,

I was wondering it you could give me some suggestions on some moderately priced gadgets I could buy that would allow me to empty my sim card and take more pictures? Any ideas on small, cheap laptops? I would then like to burn these photos to a CD before I come home from our cruise. I don't want to lug around my big laptop to burn and store photos. I would like to bring along something smaller and easy to use. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Joe

Just have the Photo section make you a CD. We had one made I think it was about 14.00

I think that is too expensive. For a few bucks more you could just buy the extra memory..... and reuse it over and over.

Hello, I was wondering it you could give me some suggestions on some moderately priced gadgets I could buy that would allow me to empty my sim card and take more pictures? Any ideas on small, cheap laptops? I would then like to burn these photos to a CD before I come home from our cruise. I don't want to lug around my big laptop to burn and store photos. I would like to bring along something smaller and easy to use. Any suggestions? Thanks. Joe

First gadget I would recommend is another (more) sim card(s).

I picked up an used 12" Laptop on a Dell auction site that I call my "Traveler". It is light weight. If I lose it or it gets damaged, I have not lost my critical personal data. I always carry enough memory for the whole trip so I do not have to overwrite (but had to on the Med trip). So with my PC I can get a look at how they are coming out and start doing some image processing on the pics.

Although at $399, this is not a cheap gadget - I've read some very good reviews of the Wolverine. It is 100 gb, so large enough to store lots of photos, and very compact - much more so than a laptop. The neat thing about this gadget is that you can directly transfer your photos from your card to the unit without converting them to any other format. It also doubles as an MP3 player. I almost bought my husband one for Christmas, but he really wanted a silly IPod because of all the available accessories.

Just search Costco's website for the Wolverine ESP.

137198.jpg

I have a 40 GB PhotoBank made by SmartDisk, purchased thru Dell for a little over $100. It has slots for pretty much any kind of memory card in use (Compact Flash, MicroDrive, Memory Stick, MS-PRO, SD, Mini-SD, MMC and SmartMedia). You slide your card into the appropriate slot, hit the "Copy" button and within a minute or so the contents of the card are copied to the PhotoBank's hard drive. When you get home, you can plug the PhotoBank into your computer using hi-speed USB and the drive is recognized as an external hard drive.

Thanks for the responses. What would be the best device to not only copy my photos from my memory card, but also burn them to cd. I know the photo shops on ships are expensive. I would rather burn the discs on the ship during downtime than when I get home and is more hectic.

Someone mentioned Roadstor, how reliable is that one? Anything similar to that or better ones?

Chasetf-What model of Dell laptop did you purchase on the auction site?

Archived