Pre-cruise Grandeur : loews l'enfant plaza hotel in Washington ?????

KAJO

I have stayed at the Loews in NY and it was GREAT, even brought our rottweiler and they were most accomodating. When is your cruise we are leaving Baltimore on Aug 15---where are you currently?

Teach01

Hi teach,

We are on the 22 th august sailing.

I'm in Belgium right now.

I was in the Loews in Miami last year and it was fantastic. That is the reason I booked the Loews again. But the reviews on the net are really bad.

I really hope to hear from someone that knows the hotel.

Greetings,

Kajo

I ran a conference at the Washington Loews about 10 years ago and it was really nice. In fact, it was so nice that it was the hotel where visiting football teams stayed when they came to play against the Washington Redskins. I don't know how it is now, but I do know it's right downtown, so you should be able to walk to a lot of good sightseeing.

My parents have stayed there several times and tell me it is very nice. Whenever they go to DC(from Baltimore area) they park at the hotel and have breakfast there before walking around DC...it's right there at the Mall. So it's a great location...and they tell me the food there is good.

Hope that helps.

Tammy

Hello,

Does anyone know loews l'enfant plaza hotel in Washington DC ? We booked a room there but now we saw very bad reviews on tripadvisor.

Anyone ever stayed in this hotel ?

Thanks,

Kajo

I live in the area and have not stayed there. I always check Tripadvisor when I book a hotel. If there are five or more reviews I have found the general impressions posted to be fairly accurate. If you reaction to the reviews is that they are on the whole very bad I would advise you not to book it.

im booked there for 6 nights in sept. the people i talk to say its nice! i have read mixed reviews online. im sticking with my l'enfant booking. and im not worried!

dean & alice

Hi,

I just took my boys to Washington DC for 4th of July and stayed at the Loew's L'Enfant Plaza from the 25th of June until July 7th. Overall it was a great place to stay. The restaurant was great and even had a kids buffet every evening for only $6.50. The lobby even has a Starbucks so that was a great way for the kids to get a criossant or bagel or even a donut and milk/chocolate milk for breakfast quickly on our way out to see the sights. That saved alot of money and time!!! Get extra croissant to feed the squirrels in town.

The metro downstairs was a wonderful convenience and after we rode it once, we never walked down to the mall area again. If you have any questions about the metro, please feel free to email me.

The rooms are very spacious and I even got a roll away for my 7 yr old at no extra charge. Ask for a 14th or 15th (top) floor with a view of the mall so you will have a view of the Washington Monument at one end of the mall and the Capital at the other. You can even see the National Cathedral in the background.

Well, hope this helps!! Have a great time and don't forget to check out the pet menu in your room service menu! It's really cute and funny. I meant to take one for my scrapbook.

Any questions,

Tammy

TLoomis333@aol.com

this is great news as we will spend a week in sept. in dc and will be staying at l'enfant! some info please?

-how is the pool?

-what time does starbucks open?

-so you dont have to walk far to get the metro?

-the food there is ok?

-any tips you can think of?

we are doing the washington tourist thing there!! and got a very "back stage"tour of the whitehouse planed(had to pull some strings).

how far is the capital and surprem court from l'enfant? is it walkable?

-what about walking around the hotel at night? safe?

any touring tips and info about dc you can give me would be great!

sorry to be a pest but once i read your post i just had to ask you questions!

thanking you in advance,

dean & alice

Hi KAJO,

My husband and I are going on the same date out of Baltimore. We have decided to leave on Saturday and stay over night in Baltimore so we don't get stuck in traffic. We are staying at the

Radisson Plaza Lord Baltimore

20 WEST BALTIMORE STREET

BALTIMORE, MD 21201

I know that the Radisson also had some mixed reviews but I figured it's only for one night so we're hoping for the best but prepaired for the worst. LOL

KAJO

Is this your name?? Are you traveling alone? And did you sign up for the Meet and Mingle???

If you would like to e-mail me direct, here is my address michll70@yahoo.com

C-Ya

Michele

Archived