New York in winter

quietmn12

First of all I never think any time on a cruise is wasted. So far this winter you wouldn't have wasted even a whole day its been so warm. By the Afternoon of the first full sea day the pool is open and so are the hot tubs. Its a lot better than the airport hassle.

It wouldn't be something I would choose to do...have lived in New England my whole life. MOST of our winter's are cold -- this year is the EXCEPTION. Not only would your first day and most of the last day be inside the ship (which might be o.k. for some), but I think the water COULD be pretty choppy -- again, there are always exceptions. My travel agent/friend has travelled all over the world, and rarely recommends doing this.

Merv1 is right. It is not the best of trips.

When "cruise" ships originally left New York, they were actually passenger liners, at a time when there were no, or poor, plane service to the islands. So it was something you had to do. And the seas will be rough. Winter in the Atlantic is not easy-going.

Yes, the plane is a hassle, and you can face delays if a snow storm is across the country. The best thing to do is leave a day early so you are not rushed. This way you can relax before getting on a cruise ship.

There are plenty of modestly priced hotels to stay at whether you leave on your cruise from Florida or Puerto Rico, and now, I think, Santo Domingo -- the New World's oldest European city.:D

Tour Guy

Archived