Rum, Reef And Ray Review

GINNY L

WOOOHOOOO!!! Our group of 5 is booked for Feb 13th. We are in port from 7:00am to 5:00pm. Sharon stated that the tour starts at 9:00 (be there no later than 8:45am-will be a person holding a sign Nativeway at the dock) and they return you back to the dock at 2:15pm. They also give you the option of dropping you at Seven Mile Beach and you will be responsible to get back to the dock.

I e-mailed them last night and had a response this morning. All was confirmed by 11:00 this morning. So far, excellent customer service.

Will hold with a credit card, but we will pay cash at the end of the tour.:)

I emailed them to reserve a spot and they emailed me back and said a spot was reserved.They requested I fax my credit card number to reserve the spot. I've never sent my credit card number to anyone other then on a website with a secure lock on it. Is it safe to send your credit card number to someone in another country like that? With all the identity thefts and all, it scares me a bit. Why can't you call them to give them your credit card number? I guess that would be the same but I guess it still concerns me. Thanks

We booked with them a couple of months ago and I was a bit concerned as well. Everything in fine so far...We sail next Sunday and I read nothing but good reviews regarding their company and past experiences with faxing CC info.

My husband has a back problem and doesn't want to go on a small boat. How would we get to Rum Point to just hang out there? Is there enough to do there. Could we just go walk in the water and snorkle? Would he be able to fish in the surf?

We just did this tour 1/22/07 and had a great time. We were originally signed up to do just the rays and reef and then when we checked in they said they had room for us on the Rum Point tour. I agree with the others, it was the highlight of our cruise. They will help everyone have a great time. I'm sure if your kids were freaked about the stingrays they could watch from the edge of the boat. I bet one of the guys would bring a stingray to them to touch and see. I thought the scary part was standing there and the stingrays started swarming us when they brought out the food. They weren't agressive, but it was freaky. They were good about getting everyone back in time.

I know what you are talking about, the website thing not working. This was the email we used: nativway@candw.ky and their phone number (345) 916-5027. I think my husband figured it out somehow. I'll be happy to answer any questions you have. You'll love the tour. We were thrilled about Rum Point. We ate that night with a couple who had rented a car and drove to Rum Point. I think they paid as much for the car as we did for the whole tour.

We tipped $5 per person. It might have been a little low, but we were really short on cash.

Joni

Question about rum point. Are there any shops close by? Just curious. Not sure if we will have time to visit shops by the pier, so just wondering. Thanks

There is one gift shop at Rum Point, with an okay selection of the usual tourist gift stuff. There is also one beach bar that serves lunch and snacks. There is also a dive shop that will rent waverunners and stuff. There is a beach with hammocks and chairs. That's pretty much it.

My husband has a back problem and doesn't want to go on a small boat. How would we get to Rum Point to just hang out there? Is there enough to do there. Could we just go walk in the water and snorkle? Would he be able to fish in the surf?

If you rent a car in Georgetown, it's about a 45 minute drive (or thereabouts) out to Rum Point. It's a nice beach, and you could definitely just walk in the water and snorkel.

While I suppose in theory it is physically possible to fish from the dock there, I've never seen anyone doing it, so there may rules against it. I've never asked. I'd also think that it would really annoy the numerous snorkellers, so I wouldn't recommend it, even if it turns out there aren't any actual rules against it. :)

Archived