Cellular at Sea

Rhodes727

Yes the CB is cell-ready but call cingular and make sure your phone is setup for international use and remember it isn't "free nights and weekends" like on land :eek: pretty pricey.

If you leave your cell phone turned on (in your room of course) do you get billed for roaming the whole time the phone is turned on or only when it is in use. Thanks in advance.

Yes the CB is cell-ready but call cingular and make sure your phone is setup for international use and remember it isn't "free nights and weekends" like on land :eek: pretty pricey.

We were on the CB 12/31/06-1/7/07 and our Cingular phones did not have service. We were able to make calls from St. Martin, St. Thomas & while sailing pass San Juan & Nassau however. We were also able to place calls while on RCCL's Mariner of the Seas in March, so I think our service plan provides for such usage.

I had read that the CB was "connected" and was surprised we did not have service, but was happy that we didn't since I had my love sick teenager itching to call his girlfriend at every opportunity.

We were on the Grand Princess in November and our 17 year old daughter used her cell phone every day we were gone! When we boarded, I had told her to turn it off, but unbeknownst to me, she was using it:mad: ...she is now on a payment plan with us! In 7 days she managed to use it at least once a day and ended up with over $400.00 of charges! :mad:

Hmmm I wonder if I should take her on another cruise!!!

--Susan

Sorry for the double post! I accidentally clicked twice...

We were on the Grand Princess in November and our 17 year old daughter used her cell phone every day we were gone! When we boarded, I had told her to turn it off, but unbeknownst to me, she was using it:mad: ...she is now on a payment plan with us! In 7 days she managed to use it at least once a day and ended up with over $400.00 of charges! :mad:

Hmmm I wonder if I should take her on another cruise!?!?!

--Susan

Archived