Are there any hotels in Honolulu

daWoods

Well of course there are, but are there any which allow people to check in for the day after getting off the ship while they wait for a late night flight? I've heard of this in some areas, but don't know about Hawaii. The idea would be that you could hang out at the hotel, have a place to store luggage, and use their facilities until you had to go to the airport. Anybody know of a place like this?

I think that is a great question and was wondering the same. I know that I did read that some people use priceline and try for a motel for the day at a reduced price. We are staying at the Waikiki Marriott for one night prior to the cruise and we may ask them if they offer a "day rate" for the return day until our flight leaves at 11:00p.m. If anyone has some good information to share, please do. Thanks. :o

I've never heard of day rates offered here -- a cheaper rate for those not staying overnight at all.

If your cruise ends up in Hawaii, it is sort of tragic to fly out the same day. A huge benefit of cruises that begin or end in Hawaii, is the ability to do a little land extension in a hawaiian hotel. That is something all the west coast round-trip hawaiian cruises cannot do. There is so much to see on Oahu, really very compelling. I understand people have limited vacation time and funds though.

If you are staying at a hotel overnight and then checkout before noon, it's not a problem for them to hold your luggage until your late night flight.

If you do a post cruise shore excursion, likely the tour operators handle your luggage and drop you off at the aiport for a night flight.

I know NCL offers EasyFly, which lets you do your own thing for the day while the cruiseline takes and checks in your bags at the airport for you, and gets you a boarding pass. Last I heard it works on American/United/Delta/Continental.

Perhaps other cruiselines offer this as well?

Aloha Mike. Yes, I've heard of the cruise lines offering the service, but in this case we're flying into Honolulu after 3 weeks on the outer islands, getting in at 1pm, not flying out until almost midnight. I was just hoping some hotel would offer the service, but it appears not. The Sheraton Princess Kaiulani does offer it for their registered guests, as you mentioned.

Looks like a rental car and time to explore Oahu. Things could be worse.:rolleyes:

Aloha Mike. Yes, I've heard of the cruise lines offering the service, but in this case we're flying into Honolulu after 3 weeks on the outer islands, getting in at 1pm, not flying out until almost midnight. I was just hoping some hotel would offer the service, but it appears not. The Sheraton Princess Kaiulani does offer it for their registered guests, as you mentioned.

Looks like a rental car and time to explore Oahu. Things could be worse.:rolleyes:

We had a very similar experience trying to get a day rate in

San Diego. One of the "angels" tried calling all the hotels in

the city anywhere near the cruise port, and had no

luck. Apparently hotels at resort destinations don't feel

compelled to offer such features.

I have had luck with day rooms especially in Asia. I usually email the larger chains and ask if they have a day room rate and I have always been lucky in the cities that I have requested this rate.

If there are any hotels near the airport, I would try emailing them first as often travellers like to rest up before flying out.

Jennie

We had a very similar experience trying to get a day rate in

San Diego. One of the "angels" tried calling all the hotels in

the city anywhere near the cruise port, and had no

luck. Apparently hotels at resort destinations don't feel

compelled to offer such features.

You're right, it might be a location issue. I imagine most hotels near the strip aren't suffering from lack of business. However, I think they're missing out on a good thing since hundreds of people a day find themselve having to wait for a late flight. Wouldn't it be great to be able to relax by a pool or on the beach for the afternoon, have a relaxed meal and then leave for home?

Archived