Scuba/Snorkel question on Caymans

okiecruiser71

My wife and I will be in Grand Cayman on a 7-day cruise in July. I'd like to do a discover scuba thing while there, only she's petrified of the idea of doing it herself. Snorkeling is more her speed.

My question is are there any operators in Grand Cayman who have something where she could either sit on the beach and relax while I'm off doing scuba would allow her to go with us and snorkel instead of scuba?

Is there a particular dive shop operator located on a beach like at Chakkannab in Cozumel?

I contacted Diversdown. Nicole was very helpful. My husband and I are both certified but our kids aren't yet. She set up a discover dive for the kids while my hubby and I dove. We're doing a two tank including Stingray CIty. They also said a dive/snorkle combo was no problem. They were by far the easiest and most accomodating shop I contacted. ( I contacted many) They also have small boats, no more than 8 folks per trip. They're located only a 5 minute walk from the pier. :)

• 2 months later...

Thats a great idea for my wife and myself with our two kids (9 and 10). Did you folks do it already with diversdown or is this in the future. If you have I would love to here how it went with divers down for yourself and your children

Thanks Paul

Archived