Silver Sailings for 2008....?

ltsally

Any ideas when the '08 Silver Sailings might be posted? I wonder if I'm the only one who finds the SS site difficult to navigate. I spent quite a while there before I finally found the '07 Silver Sailings (have to go to "Programmes"), but I sure don't see any yet listed for '08. It did seem like to find the '08 schedule, you have to go month-by-month, then click again on any interesting-sounding voyage to find out the cost. Am I missing something - is there an easier way?

The 2008 sailings are posted. I've already booked two. Try going to "voyages". 2007 and 2008 should come up. Click on 2008 and then go to the month that interests you. I don't believe that SS has all the 2008 sailings listed by month on a sinlg page. Then again, I've been known to be wrong.

That was my issue, Leonid. That it seems you have to go month by month...and then click on each individual voyage to learn the price (I forget now whether the price info includes whether it is discounted..) Just seems like it'd be so much easier if you could find the Silver Sailing info with one, or even two, clicks. I love Silversea, but sure find their website frustrating. :(

SS web site can be frustrating. Try finding a listing of the hotels they use for pre and post sailings. I can't!!

Regarding your question, I don't believe you can do what you would like to do. Going to a specific month in 2008 should list all the cruise for that month.

I knew the months (Jan. & July) that I wanted to sail and the ports of embarkation. For me, it was easy.

Ask your TA to send you a 2008 brochure when they are released. My TA says that they are not out yet, but I do want one anyway.

Do you have an idea of where you want to go and/or when?

Guess you're right, Leonid. Being patient and getting hold of an '08 brochure sounds like the way to go.

No particular destination/itinerary in mind - though we prefer sea days to the rush-rush of this port/that port/next port. The '07 trans-Atlantic (London-NY) sounds ideal...just bad timing for us.

We did a London to NY on the Seabourn Pride in 08/2005. The Capt. hit the tail of a hurricane in the north Atlantic, resulting in many pax. becoming seasick. I must admit I was one of the unlucky ones...only the second time in 30 cruises. The Seabourn ships are quite small (10,000 gt) and are not really suited for the high seas. SS ships are bigger and should be better able to handle rough weather.

If you like sea days as we do, then a trans-Atlantic cruise is for you. If SS does South America, then a repositioning cruise is great too. We've done them both ways on two other lines in the early 2000s.

Archived