Where to buy pop with transfer?

soocruise

There are a couple places in the FLL airport (terminal 4 where Air Canada is) to buy pop and water. If you are budget concious, I would recommend stopping at a gas station on Biscayne Blvd. in Miami prior to crossing the causeway over to the Port of Miami. Be aware however that Carnival may also limit the amount of non-alcoholic beverages brought onboard - even water - and its at the discretion of the security as you enter ship. I have no experience whether this is enforced rigorously or not. Or maybe this is overkill and you just wanted a drink after the flight ...

We're flying in with Air Transat and have the transfers with them as well. Can't imagine them stopping for us to pick up pop;)

Well.......I wouldn't be so sure about that. We flew into FLL 3 weeks ago and on our way to Miami our shuttle driver stopped at a liquor store for our drinks of choice:D Gave him a nice extra tip and we were all happy!

If you know what you want to buy one person can take a cab to the store while the other sits with the luggage at FLL. There is a Publix supermarket on 17'th street. It is about a five minute cab ride from the airport. You could explain to the driver what you are doing and have him wait with the meter running while you buy what you want and bring you back to the airport. It should take about 20 minutes to make the round trip if you know what you want to buy. The Publix also sells beer and wine.

I bet if one goes to the store while the other goes to bagage claim you will probably be back just as the luggage comes off the belt.

Essentially yes.

But no one would ever ask for a Pepsi. And an Orange is an orange if you're specifically asking for one - hwoever if you're tlkaing about the generic term for all soft drinks, that is Coke.

Essentially yes.

But no one would ever ask for a Pepsi. And an Orange is an orange if you're specifically asking for one - hwoever if you're tlkaing about the generic term for all soft drinks, that is Coke.

When I first moved south, my first night at work as a nurse down here, I asked a young boy if he wanted a pop. He got this terrified look until his mom explained to him that I had meant did he want a coke rofl. I learned real quick that down here..a pop is a smack lol.

When I first moved south, my first night at work as a nurse down here, I asked a young boy if he wanted a pop. He got this terrified look until his mom explained to him that I had meant did he want a coke rofl. I learned real quick that down here..a pop is a smack lol.

When we lived in western NY, pop is what we asked for if we wanted a soft drink. Since moving to the south, we noticed that people here say "coke" no matter what they want....but will tell you Pepsi if you press them for specifics. For example....they will say "I am going to the drink machine to get me a coke" and come back with a Dr. Pepper.

My daughters, being brought up in the South, think it is hysterical when we visit up North and the relatives ask them if they want a "pop." We enjoy the whole controversy.

Even funnier (you guys from Canada will appreciate this one) down here they call a knit hat a "toboggan" For example...."It is cold outside, you better wear your toboggan." (A toboggan, if you look in the dictionary, is a sled)

Even funnier (you guys from Canada will appreciate this one) down here they call a knit hat a "toboggan" For example...."It is cold outside, you better wear your toboggan." (A toboggan, if you look in the dictionary, is a sled)

In the United States, this type of hat is more commonly referred to by other names: knit hat or knit cap, sock cap or stocking cap, watch cap, toboggan,

from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuque

Archived