Sorkel Gear Question

headusher

Does the snokel gear wear out? I know this may be a dumb question but I only snorkel when I cruise which is normally once a year. The snorkel, mask & fins are put away in the garage that is not environmentally controlled so they are subject to very hot & very cold temps. The gear is two year's old and doesn't appear to have anything wrong but I want to be prepared. We cruise again in March. Comments appreciated.

SORRY - Meant to type Snorkel Gear Question. How i long for auto spell check on these boards, LOL

headusher

I would think that exposure to sunlight would be more damaging then just extreme temp swings.

Temp swings are going to make any plastic less pliable and subject to stress cracking. (think goggle straps)

Is there any chance that you could store your gear in a long flat box under a bed somewhere in the house?

Best to store in a cool dry place. Don't store outside if it can be below freezing temp.

As said, sun light does more damage than high temp. Not rinsing after using in salt water will also "eat" up the snorkel gear.

Otherwise they should last many many years.

yes everybody here is right keep it in the house , closet basement and dry cool if you have a wet suit also dry cool location all out of the direct sunlight this will deffinately extend the life of the gear.

Archived