Some Dream Questions

heelfan94

I've read so much about the Dream that it feels I know the ship already. I appreciate all the info past cruisers have shared.

I have a few last minute questions. I'm assuming the bathrooms are tiny. Is it the same setup as the Majesty bathrooms? In the regular rooms the shower is only separated by a curtain. Also, is there good closet space in a balcony room? It's just two of us so we don't need very much room.

We're flying into IAH on Friday, and arriving around 1:00. I was looking at rental car prices today and we can get a small car for $18.99 (overnight, and turning it in Saturday before lunch). I wondered if anyone has ever rented a car at the airport and returned it near La Porte. It seems like I could get driving directions off the internet before we leave, and then also we could explore Houston a little Friday afternoon and that evening. Any thoughts or input about doing that as opposed to taking a taxi Saturday morning to the port? I know a taxi will be more than the rental car price.

Thanks in advance. It's getting close now. :)

Not a bad idea from Bush International renting a car to the hotel and to La Porte. I just wonder if there is a place to drop off the rental car in La Porte. I heard Enterprise will pick up a rental at the port's parking lot. If you are renting and want to see the sights, the San Jacinto monunment is nearby on the journey to the port, in Deer Park.

Another route would be to take a hotel shuttle to the hotel on Friday and return to the airport on Saturday where you can take the NCL shuttle to the port and return to the airport with the shuttle.

We are renting at IAH from Enterprise. You have to call to book but they permit drop off at the cruise terminal. You need to call the LaPorte/Seabrook office once you have your reservation to make the drop off arrangements. There is no additional charge for this so it makes it a good deal if you need a rental car and transport to the ship.

Just call Enterprises reservation line to make the booking. Let them know that you are dropping it at the Seabrook location. Their computer will not allow the Laporte drop off because it is closed on Saturday. Before your trip they will send you an E-mail with drop off instructions etc.

Ken.

I have a few last minute questions. I'm assuming the bathrooms are tiny. Is it the same setup as the Majesty bathrooms? In the regular rooms the shower is only separated by a curtain. Also, is there good closet space in a balcony room? It's just two of us so we don't need very much room.

Bathrooms are small. Layout a bit different from Majesty. Sink is between shower and toilet on Dream, rather than toilet between sink and shower. Shower is tight, but I seem to remember there's a separator on the floor to prevent water running from shower onto rest of bathroom floor. Could be wrong. It's been a while. Yes, there's a shower curtain, not a sliding door.

We had enough closet space in a C stateroom. I'd think a balcony stateroom would have at least comparable.

Archived