Small child vs toilet seat HELP!!

lilbratt17

I am drawing a blank on how big the holes are on the toilets??? My daughter will be 3 on our next cruise (2/3 Splendour). She is a really small 3, she wears 18-24 months clothes and only weighs 25 lbs. I want to make sure that I don't need to take her a potty chair. She uses the regular seat at home... HELP!!

I am drawing a blank on how big the holes are on the toilets??? My daughter will be 3 on our next cruise (2/3 Splendour). She is a really small 3, she wears 18-24 months clothes and only weighs 25 lbs. I want to make sure that I don't need to take her a potty chair. She uses the regular seat at home... HELP!!

Similar problem: small 3 year old and didn't have a single problem on NCL Dream or NCL Dawn.

Although I'd love you to call up the cruiseline and ask them how large their toilets are :) It would be hysterical to be a fly on the wall when you do. LOL

Be forewarned - the toliets sound different when flushed. In the mind of most pre-schooler they are scary loud (one of my 3YO niece's favorite terms). Always remember to close the lid and warn her of the impending noise.

I had pretty much the same concern. My potty trained 2 year old who is also 24 lbs went on Carnival Elation with me in November. I thought she would have problems holding herself up to pee and falling into the hole. But she did well. I was going to take her potty seat, but I am glad I didn't.

Maybe you could practice with her at home? See if she can use the potty while holding herself on a normal seat. If she has problems, then bring a seat.

Thank you sooo much for all your replies!!!

She does use the "regular" seat at home. So I am sure she will be OK.. but she does have to hold herself up so she doesn't fall in.

provenienbam ~~~ I bet they would just laugh at me if I called and asked that question. They would think that I was crank calling them.... LOL:D

my goodness - I've gotten used to the size of "Little Bruiser" - at 14 months he's already 32 lbs... he's almost as big as his 3 1/2 year old sister who is happy at 36, 37 lbs!

potty size has never been an issue for these two (course neither of them has any interest in actually using the potty.... (ok , the little girl wants to potty, except when mom is there - then she would rather her pullups!)

Archived