Question re: Captian's Circle status

flamomo

Now that Princess has changed how PAX advance from Gold to Platinum to Elite levels and perks, I an wondering this:

I have cruised 3 times with Princess for a total of 35 sailing days.

I will be embarking on a 14 day cruise next month, so at the end of that cruise I will have 49 days with Princess.

Under the new computation rules, a PAX advances to Platinum level after 5 cruises OR 50 sailing days.

Our next booked cruise in 2008 is 15 days r/t LA-Hawaii. When I board I will still be Gold level, but a couple of days into the cruise I will have completed 50 sailing days. Will I advance to Platinum level at that point and be able to take advantage of Platinum perks for the remainder of that cruise, or will they make me wait till the next cruise to start getting the Platinum benefits?

If they won't start the perks in mid-cruise, we might have to book a 7 day cruise later this year to get me to Platinum status prior to the longer cruise, when having the perks would be very useful.

Currently, you must have reached the next level BEFORE you board the ship. They do not issue a new card or perks during the cruise where you will make Platinum. Unless they change the rules, you will not become Platinum until the cruise after your Hawaii sailing.

I forgot to add. IF you check your day count on Princess with the Captain's Circle host while onboard, they will give you your count as of the last cruise you completed. They don't take into considation the cruise you are currently taking until it is over with.

Thanks for the responses. I figured the answers would be as you all stated, but I was hoping that since they were now going on the basis of 50 sailing days OR 5 cruises, maybe I could squeak by. Unfortunately our 14 day cruise is not a BTB. It's "just" a 14 day cruise. Oh well, guess that justifies booking another cruise later this year!!! Ya think?

Maybe later there'll be some fare "specials" on a 7 day. We've never booked with an online travel agency, always direct with Princess. But the O/L agencies are the place to get good fares, from what I've seen. All we have to do is figure out which O/L agencies are good. That's the part that worries me.

Archived