Norfolk Hotels

agathasmum

Do any of the Norfolk area hotels offer free parking free parking for cruise customers who spend a pre-/post cruise night in the hotel?

Thanks

Susan

I'm not aware of any downtown hotel offering a deal on parking for a Norfolk departure...hotels downtown charge a pretty penny for parking.

In fact, being that the terminal is smack downtown and parking is tight, the terminal parking is actually a bit away with a free shuttle.

You might want to look at http://www.cruisenorfolk.org/parking.html

(my office is in downtown Norfolk)

I'm not aware of any downtown hotel offering a deal on parking for a Norfolk departure...hotels downtown charge a pretty penny for parking.

In fact, being that the terminal is smack downtown and parking is tight, the terminal parking is actually a bit away with a free shuttle.

You might want to look at http://www.cruisenorfolk.org/parking.html

(my office is in downtown Norfolk)

Thank you for the quick response. As you are familiar with downtown, can you recommend any of the downtown hotels? We like something that has room service and a pool for our teens and a nice restaurant either onsite or close by for us adults.

There are several nice ones if you web search

There is both a Marriott and a Mariott CourtYard within 5 blocks of Nauticus (the location of the cruise terminal)

Both say they have indoor pools - altho I've seen neither.

Courtyard of course is a step lower that the 'full' Marriott.

The Marriott has a Shula's SteakHouse within and is across the street from the 'WaterSide' - you can Google it - a riverside entertainment place (but IMHO a weak one .... Julians is a video game place and I do like the food at BlackFinn)

The Courtyard is right across the street for MacArthur Mall with a food court, California Grill and Kinkaid's Steakhouse.

Either place is but a few blocks walk from Norfolk's Granby street - several blocks of wonderful resturaunts.....walking downtown Norfolk @ night in this area is OK, or a cab would be just a couple of dollars. (My recmd is Sterling's Steaks...a small place on Granby)

I am in Norfolk every month for travel and I second the recommendation for either of the 2 Marriotts at Waterside in Norfolk. I have stayed at both and they are nice.

Stay away form the Sheraton Waterside, stayed there for work recently and it was awful. Very dirty, worn down rooms and parking was $20 a day wanted to switch hotels but couldn't.

Archived