Got my docs... now I am worried...

I have just received my docs today and is a bit worried regarding the oceanview stateroom (category H) I booked on Navigator of the Seas for the coming Feb...

I will be traveling with my sister who has a very minimal problem with her walking ability. She has weak legs but can walk slowly on her own (not considered handicap). I booked a room at the front of the ship (facing the front) during "happy hour" special for a very good price (didn't think about the size of the ship and where everything else was at the time). Now I am thinking about moving to a Promenade category (mid-ship).

Questions:

Will RCCL let me do that? Will I get a refund for the difference? Can I still get the promenade category for the "happy hr" special rate?

Thanks everyone.

I would see if you can book into a handicapped accessible room. If you booked direct with RCI, then call them and see what they can do, or if you booked with a Travel Agent, he/she should be able to help you.

There are HC accessible rooms in all of the categories, and they are all near the elevators. You could also just inquire about moving closer to an elevator and see what they can come up with.

Best of luck.

I have just received my docs today and is a bit worried regarding the oceanview stateroom (category H) I booked on Navigator of the Seas for the coming Feb...

I will be traveling with my sister who has a very minimal problem with her walking ability. She has weak legs but can walk slowly on her own (not considered handicap). I booked a room at the front of the ship (facing the front) during "happy hour" special for a very good price (didn't think about the size of the ship and where everything else was at the time). Now I am thinking about moving to a Promenade category (mid-ship).

Questions:

Will RCCL let me do that? Will I get a refund for the difference? Can I still get the promenade category for the "happy hr" special rate?

Thanks everyone.

From your post I get that it´s quite close to sailing time for you as you already got your docs. So first of all you would have to check what cabins would be available at all. If there are some in the same category you have booked already, you might be able to change. Call RCI if you booked directly or otherwise your TA.

If you want to change categories - again if available at all - you´d have to pay the price difference. Not sure about refunds if there would be one at all. You would have to deal with the actual rate, not the one that was in the happy hour when you booked.

Good luck.

Just remember that there will be lots of walking--and not just to the elevators! If walking is really a problem, perhaps you could get a wheelchair for some of the longer jaunts. (The theaters are quite far forward, and Winjammer is all the way aft...long walks everywhere!)

I notice that lots of people have been using these funky walker/cart/seat things on the ship. They look to be small, light weight, and very convenient for people who aren't used to/or able to do lots of walking. Maybe someone can post a link to where to buy/rent one.

Just did a quick google search and it looks like even walmart carries them....

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4058025

T

Thanks everyone, I will call RCCL directly and see if I can switch to a Promenade stateroom because these rooms are quite centralized.

I don't need to book a handicap room (someone who really needs it) because she is not considered hadicap. I just don't want her to loose the interest of exploring the ship as there are two sea days in our itinerary. If we were more centralized, she can take short walks to have a snack or coffee and shop around the promenade.

Thanks again everyone.

It's so nice that you are so thoughtful about the HC cabin; i think it would be an option if there was availability, but it is very nice that you think of others who might need it more.

When we travel with my daughter's in laws, we unfortunately need 2 HC rooms, and It is very difficult sometimes to find a cruise with 2 available at a time when we want to go... so Thank You for your kindness and thought for others! :)

Archived