St. Kitts Railway Poll - What did you think?

What did you think of the St. Kitts Scenic Railway?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of the St. Kitts Scenic Railway?

• I loved the tour. It was worth every penny!
    • It was ok. I liked it but it wasn't worth the money
    • What a waste of time and money!

Thanks Judy-so should I just wait? If Carnival re-negotiates their contract, would it be up and running again by Dec.? Sorry if this seems to be a stupid question-I thought I could book directly with the railway. Shelly

Why don't you try contacting them again, just in case. If you don't hear back, you won't have much choice except to try to book with Carnival. Most likely they will renegotiate in time to not have any break in service, so it should be available in December. Honestly, I would suggest that booking through Carnival would be preferable over booking directly, even if that's possible. The railway has been known to break down (not often, but apparently it has happened a few times) -- so if you're not booked through Carnival you might have a problem if you can't get back to the ship before it sails.

Hey all,

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetsParty viewpost.gif

Hi

For those of you that took this train ride I have a few questions.

1 - What kind of drinks do they serve?

They served pina coladas, rum punch, and margaritas (frequently)

2 - Are seats assigned?

No assigned seats but I would reccomend a seat towards the back mostly due to the coal smoke (not bad though) and the squeeky front rail cart-kinda loud!

3 - Best side to sit upstairs for taking pictures.

It depends on if you do the morning or afternoon ride, morning has the ocean on the right and afternoon has the ocean on the left ( if facing the front of the train)

4 - Baby friendly?

I would say yes as long as the loud occasional screech from the rail cars rounding the curves won't bother your little one. Some babies are more sensative to loud noises than others :-)

5 - Are there restrooms on the train?

Yes...LOL! You'll see....they work right? That's all that matters.

6 - Any food available?

They provide a local sweet treat that I can only describe best as a maccaroon but not as soft.

7 - How long did it take you to arrive at the train from where the ship was docked?

If memory serves me I think it was about a 20 minute ride there, the ride back was much longer but it was a different rout that finished the "circle around the island. I think the afternoon tour took the long way there and had the short trip back. The long portion was kinda cool, they drove past Brimstone Hill among other interesting sights.

This will be our first time to St. Kitt's and we are interested in taking the train ride. We might be traveling with an infant as well (we're trying to adopt a baby) so not sure if we'll have our addition to the family with us or not.

One last note, there were a few people slightly nuasious from the slight swaying on the top level, keep this in mind if you or someone your traveling with is prone to motion sickness. Just go downstairs in the ac or wear motion wrist bands, non drowsy dramamine, etc.

Any information you could provide, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Sea ya

Went on this tour in March and my group of four loved it! I felt like I really saw a large amount of St Kitts and it's very friendly people. Listen carefully to the lyrics of the choir that goes from car to car, the song "oh woe is me, I have no real family" or something to that respect is hillllarious! The last line made half of us almost fall off the bench!

A nice stop to get some Brinley's rum before we got back on the ship made the trip one of our favorite stops. FYI...Brinley's rum is locally made and a steal compared to us prices-distilled with natural flavors. We recommend the lime (for mojitos) of the coffee, or mango flavors-sooo good you can drink it over ice!

Andi

Archived