Pride 3/2008 Crossing Changed From 12 to 13 Days

PeaSea8ch

Pride Crossers,

Late this afternoon today I received an email from my TA stating the March 17, 2008 crossing has changed form a 12 to 13 day sailing and will now end on March 30. I checked the itinerary on Seaboun's website and they have added a sea day and changed the single port call from Ponta Delgada to Funchal, Maderia.

The revised itinerary is Monday 3/17 departure from FLL, followed by10 days at sea, Friday 3/28 Funchal, followed by one sea day and arriving Sunday 3/30 LIS.

Seabourn advised my TA that since I had booked early, Seabourn would protect the same pricing that I am paying for the 12 days and asked her to conform that the itinerary change was acceptable to me. Well, a free extra sea day of Seabourn signature pampering service, Team Trivia and Miss Matita's Mayhem is a no-brainer for me! Of course I said Yes.

Maybe the added day will stimulate more boookings for this crossing. Ahh, the benefits of booking early ! ;)

Peachy,

I'm sure this 2008 Crossing will sell out quickly! I booked it last year to receive a good "%"~~~~:p I know of several Sailor's that also booked it last year.One of my favorite calls is Funchal~~~what a gorgeous, sub-tropical Island. JB and I always hail a Taxi and trek off to the open-air flower, fish and doo-dads Market~~~~I wonder what unique "creme de la creme" experience Seabourn will offer in Maderia. Port/wines in a garden??

Martita's Mayhem?????:confused: I've never caused a ruckus in my life~~~~

(OHHH, MAYBE JUST A 'LIT ONE, ONCE)

Pinkie

Blackie,

Are you referring to those 'lit 'ole sixshooters? I've been known to

take bows and arrows too:D ~~~ water guns, and other play toys.

During our Christmas voyage, I strolled back to the Pride with a really fun water gun for Liam....... (Security Officer) he was so delighted with his holiday gift!;)

If there are Sailor's thinking of the Pride 2008 March T.A Cross,

you might want to go ahead and book it~~~~these sell out quickly!

Happy Sunday

Martita

My TA advised me that Seabourn has assigned to me a new booking number for the now 13 day Pride March 2008 crossing (at the 12 day tariff) and the deposited funds from the old booking will be transferred to the new booking within 3 days.

I have read the posts elsewhere this forum regarding customer service issues coupled with itinerary and suite availability and I hope that everything works out to everyone's benefit and that Seabourn will do the right thing. With the line soon expanding from 624 to 1,524 berths, IMHO, Seabourn needs excellent customer service to satisfy this need to fill all Seabourn Yachts to profitability.

Apology to Pinky. What I should have said in my OP was Miss Martita's Merrymaking. That is what I get for posting after midnight on a long day. :o It won't happen again!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Paul!

I think Seabourn would like to have an extra day for these crossings, because what happened last year when we arrived late and everything had to be changed (flights, hotel bookings etc.). The Legend March crossing is also lengthened by one day and postponed by two weeks, which may be mentioned already, but I just returned from our Legend Mexican Riviera cruise, which was wonderful. The only bad thing was, we had to deal with grieve again, because the day we boarded a good friend of ours (55) died.

I am confident that Seabourn didn't say, "Gee, after doing this for so many years, we need to add a day just to be sure." There was an incident last year that caused a delay.

Cruise ships need passenger revenue by the day. Transatlantic are some of the lowest per day revenues and European cruises are some of the highest. There is a reason other than "just to be sure" which probably has to do with port availability on this or the following cruise...or something similar.

Whatever the reason be for our extra sea day, let's altogether say, "Yipppeee, thank you Seabourn!"

'Lit Ponta Delgada is a nice "filling station" (their Super Mercado dowtown area, is a sight to behold:confused: ) but Funchal, Madiera is a not-to- be-missed Port call~~~~:p

I don't believe Seabourn is now offering "Reid's Palace Hotel" garden teatime complimentary excursion. Might be an exclusive

wine tasting afternoon.

Happy Trails

Martita B.

...I just returned from our Legend Mexican Riviera cruise, which was wonderful. The only bad thing was, we had to deal with grieve again, because the day we boarded a good friend of ours (55) died.

Hi Marja!

So sorry to hear of your loss. :( 55 is too young! But so glad you both were able to have a wonderful time on "your" Seabourn Legend. I am certain all of us will indeed enjoy the "free" extra day at sea! :D I send my best to you and Rene! :)

... Funchal, Madiera is a not-to- be-missed Port call~~~~:p

I don't believe Seabourn is now offering "Reid's Palace Hotel" garden teatime complimentary excursion. Might be an exclusive wine tasting afternoon.

Happy Trails

Martita B.

Pinkie,

I hope this is not true. The brochure and website still shows teatime at the Reid's Palace Hotel for this November's Legend crossing's Seabourn complimentary shore-side event when we call on Funchal. I am looking forward to experiencing teatime at this grand hotel. For the March 2008 cross, I think Seabourn needs to update the website as it shows the excursion to Ponta Delgada on a sea day :eek: (the same day the port call to Ponta Delgada was originally scheduled).

Happy Wednesday!

...I just returned from our Legend Mexican Riviera cruise, which was wonderful. The only bad thing was, we had to deal with grieve again, because the day we boarded a good friend of ours (55) died.

Hi Marja!

So sorry to hear of your loss. :( 55 is too young! But so glad you both were able to have a wonderful time on "your" Seabourn Legend. I am certain all of us will indeed enjoy the "free" extra day at sea! :D I send my best to you and Rene! :)

... Funchal, Madiera is a not-to- be-missed Port call~~~~:p

I don't believe Seabourn is now offering "Reid's Palace Hotel" garden teatime complimentary excursion. Might be an exclusive wine tasting afternoon.

Happy Trails

Martita B.

Pinkie,

I hope this is not true. The brochure and website still shows teatime at the Reid's Palace Hotel for this November's Legend crossing's Seabourn complimentary shore-side event when we call on Funchal. I am looking forward to experiencing teatime at this grand hotel. For the March 2008 cross, I think Seabourn needs to update the website as it shows the excursion to Ponta Delgada on a sea day :eek: (the same day the port call to Ponta Delgada was originally scheduled).

Happy Wednesday!

Archived