booking one way flights vs roundtrip

tang-bailey

I've done tons of searches and finally found that it is cheaper to buy a one way ticket from one airline and the return flight from another.

My question is: Usually when you buy a roundtrip you are given your departure and return tickets when you check in on your departure flight. I'm assuming that to get my tickets for my return flight I would just have to find that airline check in desk at the miami airport to get my boarding passes?

Has anyone ever travelled this way before?

I've done tons of searches and finally found that it is cheaper to buy a one way ticket from one airline and the return flight from another.

My question is: Usually when you buy a roundtrip you are given your departure and return tickets when you check in on your departure flight. I'm assuming that to get my tickets for my return flight I would just have to find that airline check in desk at the miami airport to get my boarding passes?

If you are buying online tickets they are etickets so you can use a Kiosk at the airport of if you have access to internet and printer can check in before you go to the airport and print out your boarding passes.

I fly a WHOLE lot (over 100,000 miles in 2006). I have NEVER been given my return tickets upon departure (a travel agent may give you paper tickets, but those tickets won't get you on the plane). You must check in again for your return and get your boarding pass.

No different using one carrier or two.

Archived