eating on RoyalCar

sbyczko

I was only on one cruise back in 2001 on Carnival.. looking at doing RoyalCar this time.

when I was on Carnival you were able to select multiple appt, entress and desserts at lunch and dinner.. they were small and wasnt near enough to get you thru the night.. does RoyalCar allow this?

also would this apply to their surcharge resturants? per person charge or for what you actually order? they had a $20 per persone charge...

also saw that they charge a per person charge for Johhy Rockets and for the Ben and Jerry's... this is new to me.. seems like they want to nickle and dime you... does the johnny rocket charge of 4.95 pp include all you can eat or some kind of combo like at a fast food place..

any other secrets about eating on RoyalCar?

thanks

You will be able to have as much as you want to eat in the dining room - multiple appetizers, entrees and desserts are no problem at all. In the specialty restaurants, you will find the portions to be much larger than in the dining room - I'm a pretty big eater and always run out of room by dessert. I know you can have as many appetizers/soups/salads as you want, but not sure about multiple entrees - but I really can't imagine anyone eating more than one!

Ben & Jerry's - we've never really found it necessary to try it. You can have very good ice cream at lunch and dinner in the dining room without charge and free soft serve (frozen yogurt/ice milk) anytime at all. At Johnny Rockets, the $3.95 charge entitles you to all you can eat, including dessert. Sodas, milk shakes, malteds are extra however. If you are getting take-out from there, your $3.95 will get you one sandwich, fries/onion rings and one dessert.

Yes, it does seem like nickel and diming - BUT, there is absolutely no reason to partake - there are perfectly good hamburgers and hot dogs included in your fare in the Windjammer or dining room. I, for one, do not go on a cruise to eat "fast food."

i am picky so i wasn't too fond of the food. my kids said johnny rockets was great but the windjammer burgers were "gross". i ordered almost all the apps at portofinos. and i did multiple entrees in the dinning room. our waitress usually gave me a dirty look but oh well. we paid full price for 2 rooms at christmas when the prices are jacked up anyway. order all that you like!:D

when I was on Carnival you were able to select multiple appt, entress and desserts at lunch and dinner.. they were small and wasnt near enough to get you thru the night..

On Carnival, you can order as many apps, entrees, desserts that you can eat at all three meals in the dining room, and as much as you care for at the buffets as well. Not understanding what you mean by 'wasn't near enough'.....? There are also many other options around the ship for late night snacking - deli, 24 hrs. pizzeria, room service, etc.

does RoyalCar allow this?

Allow what?

any other secrets about eating on RoyalCar?

The only thing that was a surprise to me on RCCL was that they charged me for espresso and cappuccino in the dining room at meal times.:eek: Both coffees are complimentary on Carnival for all three meals each day.

Archived