Peat Taylor ?

beachbev

Just got back from Ocho Rios and we used Marva Shaw to go to Dunn's River Falls and tubing on the White River. She also took us to lunch at her favorite jerk place and drove us through the Fern Gully. She is FANTASTIC! My wife and I have used her before but this time we had our 3 teen aged boys with. They paid Marva the ultimate compliment..."She's cool"....she was one of the highlights of the trip for the boys

Try Marva and you will be more than satisfied.

hc

I just got an e mail back from him. He states that the tour goes to visit a school & a Jamaican neighborhood. Is this odd? Can you tell me about it? Did anyone NOT do this? I want to tube & waterfall.

You kind of don't have a lot of choice on the 1st part of the day. Which was great for us. We did the Falls, the schoolhouse, Fern Gulley, pottery factory, and was back at the pier at 1:00. The second part of the tour (which we skipped), Peat takes everyone wherever they want to go. On our tour, some did horseback riding, some did the river rafting, etc...

If you were to skip the morning part of the tour, you would miss some of the coolest memories of Jamaica.

Here is a review of our tour:

We used Peat Taylor a couple of weeks ago. VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!! He's not only a tour guide, but an entertainer as well!

We started at Dunn's River Falls. In fact, we were the first group up the Falls! Peat prides himself on getting there before the huge crowd from the ship's excursion arrives. Before we entered the Falls, he gave us advise on how to handle the "shopkeepers" in the marketplace. Good thing to....they are very aggresive!

From there we took a beautiful tour through Fern Gulley (sp). All along the way he was pointing out sights of interest. If we saw something really cool, and it was feasible, he would pull the bus over so everyone had an opportunty to see and take pictures.

Next, we stopped at a little one room school up on a mountain. The kids were 3-4 years old, and very cute! They sang a few songs for us, and we were off again.

After that, we stopped at a pottery factory for a tour. Very interesting, and the pottery was all handmade and very beautiful.

At this point my wife and I needed to return to the ship to meet with the large group we were with. On the way back to the ship, Peat was coordinating the afternoon activities with the other passengers. Some were going horseback riding, and some were going river tubing. He provides transportation to wherever you want to go.

HC - glad to head that your kids think Marva is cool! She sure is! I talked to her today and she sounded great!

Beach Bev - Marva got us back to the ship with plenty of time to enjoy it before we left. When we went in July, we did the tubing but not the Falls. We had done the Falls on a previous visit to Ocho Rios. The Falls are indeed beautiful. Marva also took us to the Enchanted Garden for a private tour of the falls and aviary there.

I have included a link to our webshots album so that you can see some of the beautiful sights of OR.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/552503449pdjGlW

Have a great trip.

I just got an e mail back from him. He states that the tour goes to visit a school & a Jamaican neighborhood. Is this odd? Can you tell me about it? Did anyone NOT do this? I want to tube & waterfall.

We used Peat and did not visit a school or neghborhood. We did just the Falls and river tubing. Just let him know you do not wish to do these things and he should be able to accomodate you. We also went to the Resort we stayed at for a land based vacation to show the friends we were travelling with and it was "no problem 'mon". He brought us back to the pier with plenty of time (hours) and we could have returned and boarded, but we decided to go to Margaritaville and hang out a bit.

We went with Peat last April. He was awesome. The school was very neat to see. It truely makes you appriecate what we have here. If you have kids with you, GO!!! Our were amazed at the differences. You do not have to go. It is your choice but it is a realistic look at differences in Jamica and the US.

This sounds great -- we are booked with Peat for our day in OR next month. Planning to pick up some kids books to bring to the children there.

The way the day works is perfect for our group -- as some will want to go horseback riding, some will go to the beach and some will go back to the ship.

My question -- how much did you tip him at the end?

Our group has 4 families of 4, 2 singles, 1 set of grandparents (19 total). I want to let them know ahead of time all the tips that are expected for the week (or at least a range).

• 2 weeks later...

We used Peat in December. The visit to the school and through the neighborhoods was an incredible experience. You really got a feel for the Jamaican people and a perspective on how they live.

It will be a memory you won't soon forget!

I highly recommend Peat. He was very reliable, you always felt "safe" and he really took care of everyone in the tour!

Have a great time!

How do you get in touch with Peat? Does he have a website or an email?

Peats address is oneiltay@cwjamica.com.

We did his tour with his son out of Ocho Rios. The visit to the school was wonderful. The teacher and children are so sweet! My daughter was there on Peats Tour two weeks ago. She felt she had to do something for those angels, so they donated some $$ to the teacher.

Others bring school supplies. Enjoy!

Peats address is oneiltay@cwjamica.com.

We did his tour with his son out of Ocho Rios. The visit to the school was wonderful. The teacher and children are so sweet! My daughter was there on Peats Tour two weeks ago. She felt she had to do something for those angels, so they donated some $$ to the teacher.

Others bring school supplies. Enjoy!

That website address does not work. Does anyone have Peat's e-mail or website? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived