Dis-embarkment

lolastar

How early is early? The cruiselines recommend scheduling flights after noon. It depends on which port you're talking about and how far it is to the airport.

You can do "self assist", which means you haul all of your own luggage off the ship. The self-assist people get to disembark first. You may also want to talk to the purser's desk onboard. Good luck!

We can help you better if you tell us what time your flight is and which ship you are sailing on.

Basically, the earliest disembarkation begins is 90 minutes after the scheduled arrival time in port. (time is needed for U.S. Immigration & Customs officials to clear the paperwork for the ship.)

If you choose "Express Disembarkation" you must sign up for it a few days before the end of your cruise.

Express means that you will have to carry off all of your own luggage. (do not put it out in the hall with everyone else the night before!) The ship's crew are not allowed to help you and no luggage carts are available.

Express people are allowed off the ship first, followed by those on NCL tours and then they start the color calls. (a day before your disembarkation day you will be given colored tags and they call these in a certain order to allow for an orderly disembarkation.)

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help. We are cruising on the Norwegian Star from Los Angeles. Our flight leaves at 1:30 to Canada and it is recommended that we arrive 2 hours ahead of time.

you should have no trouble; of course they recommend you arrive 2 hours early. A few days prior to debarkation you will be given a form to fill out. At that time you can request an early as possible exit. Yes, you can do the express debarkation as well, but this means you have to handle all your luggage (I don't know how lightly you cruise) plus with so many opting for this form of leaving the ship it isn't all as smooth as you may think. I would recommend you just go for the first exit. NMnita

I just got off the Dream which pulled into port about 9 hours late due to heavy fog in the houston area. This caused us to miss our flight and the next flight we could get was for the next day. I saved all the receipts for the travel insurance company since they said they would cover hotel and meals. We were supposed to get off the ship by 11:00 and didn't get off till almost 4 pm.

I just got off the Dream which pulled into port about 9 hours late due to heavy fog in the houston area. This caused us to miss our flight and the next flight we could get was for the next day. I saved all the receipts for the travel insurance company since they said they would cover hotel and meals. We were supposed to get off the ship by 11:00 and didn't get off till almost 4 pm.

I read about that. I'm on the Dream this Saturday, and we have a 1:30 flight coming back. I thought I was leaving plenty of time but I guess anything can happen. I hope you had a great cruise. :)

I hope you have a great time and I wish you better weather than we had. We had a rain storm that followed us to Belize and it kept getting cold and rainy and yucky. We did have fun though.... Hey I was on the Wonder in 2004 also. Disney does a good job, but too rich for my blood.

Archived