Just back from Freedom of the Seas

flagger

Great review.

We just got off Monarch, and although the ship is in great condition, and the entertainment terrific...The food was the worse we had ever had. As far as I'm concerned Old country buffet or Dennys would be a step up.

Since you have cruised RCCL before do you think the food had gone downhill across the board? We were thinking (hoping) that it might have just been a fluke for us, but if it wasn't we'll be sticking with X and the better food and service.

Dave:eek:

We were on the Radiance a few weeks ago and the food was surprisingly good!!! And no celebrity chef!! The Exec. Chef was a guy from Jamaica I think. Service was good and very friendly.

So far, we don't miss Celebrity and are having more fun on RCCL!! Long may it continue!!

Thanks for the honest review of your cruise on Freedom. We will be on Freedom Feb. 18. I would not ever have booked this but it is a sales incentive trip that my husband won. So for free I will try it but I don't expect it to be like a Celebrity cruise so I am sure I won't be dissappointed. My husband's company likes RCCL and we have been on many of their ships. The food is usually not so good. A few years ago we did the mexican riviera on Vision and the food was just awful. I ate a Ceaser salad every night with broiled chicken on it. It was the only 7 day cruise I ever went on that I lost 5 pounds. I am looking forward to Freedom just to relax. Pat

I love Celebrity and will be interested in the Solstice class. I even love the M-class but the fear of a pod problem or a disrupted vacation makes me very wary. I do think our Brilliance cruise will be the last one for awhile, unless we are willing to take our DD out of school. But I am about to start school in the fall myself, so we will need to see how that all shakes out.

Archived