How many 20 somethings?

Young cruiser

I am cruising 1/27/07 on the Carnival Glory with two of my very best friends sort of a "Single Girls Getaway" we are 22, 23, and 24. i was wondering how many 20 somehtings we can expect to meet onboard......our roll call ladies (mostly 35-45) are great and I am really looking forword to meeting all of them..... but it would also be nice to run into some younger folks at the bar??????

I can have a blast with people of any age so don't think I am dissing the older crowd...I have met more than a few who almost out partied me!!!!

So if you will be on the Glory....lets have a drink!!!!!!

Ashley

I am cruising 1/27/07 on the Carnival Glory with two of my very best friends sort of a "Single Girls Getaway" we are 22, 23, and 24. i was wondering how many 20 somehtings we can expect to meet onboard......our roll call ladies (mostly 35-45) are great and I am really looking forword to meeting all of them..... but it would also be nice to run into some younger folks at the bar??????

I can have a blast with people of any age so don't think I am dissing the older crowd...I have met more than a few who almost out partied me!!!!

So if you will be on the Glory....lets have a drink!!!!!!

Ashley

There will be a nice cross section of ages on your cruise. More cruisers 20-25 sail during spring break. Im sure you will have a great time.

Hi Ashley...your a sweetie, what you said about all of us on the roll call:)

I hope that you Do find some people closer to your age, but....Linda and I might have to out party you girls!:D ;)

Can't wait, and can't wait to meet everyone. I've been lookin' at pics of Costa Maya and stuff...all excited now:o

Myssie

MAO

I am also getting so excited I can't get off of this website i have been here all day long posting and reading............I can't stop.....I have also been internet shopping I am getting to the point I have spent as much on new stuff for the cuise as I paid for the whole trip.....help me I need cruise AA!!!!:eek:

Ashley,

I was 23 on my 1st cruise, (a few years back, he/he,) and found that there were several people my age at the disco at night. You aren't going at a time that high school kids would be taking over, and that is a very good thing for you trying to find people your age. The summer months tend to attract high school kids to the disco, and the people my age were scared off, I guess. I went on several more cruises in my 20s, because I had such a great time. There were never a ton of 20 somethings, but I found that most people on Carnival are 20 something at heart. I know I am, lol!!!!

Ashley,

Let me ask you a question. Me about 7 other guys in their upper 20's are looking to go on another cruise in the Western Carrb. We went on a 5 Day 2 years ago, and 7 Day last year, and didn't have as many single people in their 20's on the 7 day. The 7 Day is by far better than a 4 or 5 day cruise, do you think the cost keeps our aged people away?

Ashley,

Let me ask you a question. Me about 7 other guys in their upper 20's are looking to go on another cruise in the Western Carrb. We went on a 5 Day 2 years ago, and 7 Day last year, and didn't have as many single people in their 20's on the 7 day. The 7 Day is by far better than a 4 or 5 day cruise, do you think the cost keeps our aged people away?

Im not Ashely, but I can tell you that the longer the cruise the higher the avg age will be. I know when I was in my earlier 20's I was doing resorts and Vegas. At that time I loved the variety of people. Now, I enjoy seeing more places.

Ashley,

Not Ashley either, but I think it's a combination of cost and time. Most of my friends (late 20s -early 30s) don't have jobs that allow them to take off a week, and when we can take off a full week, it's impossible that we're all able to coordinate the same week. Another factor is that a lot of people our age that haven't cruise have perceptions that cruising is not for singles.

I am 28 now and have been crusing for a few years. there isnt a lot of them and when you do see some they are couples doing the couple stuff. but no worries you will ahve fun.

I am going in 20 days with my 2 BFF's on Legend. it will be a blast

My husband and I (both 23) went on a cruise over the winter break. We were afraid we'd be the only ones our age... but we were surprised to find MANY 20-somethings with us on that cruise. I'd say it's because it was between semesters. I don't know how it will be in Jan.

I am cruising 1/27/07 on the Carnival Glory with two of my very best friends sort of a "Single Girls Getaway" we are 22, 23, and 24. i was wondering how many 20 somehtings we can expect to meet onboard......

You probably should have booked during march. My boys are in college and their breaks are during march. they are 20 and 23.

However, when they pick vacations, they do spring break down in mexico. cancun specifically. they never choose cruising except when they go with us.

I'm sure you will have a lot of fun, and there might be some older 20's guys onboard for you.

Thank you for all the input....to answer a couple of your questions

jaburr24: The reason that I chose a cruise was I was going to be traveling alone and thought that a cruise would be the perfect way to meet other people along the way.....thankfully my two girlfriends did come up with the money and we all booked together.....I would travel ALOT more if my friends had more money/time off. I own a business so I have the money and the ablity to take the time off to go on many vacations a year but one is the limit for my other friends. I personally would not want to plan/pack/fly for a 4-5 day vacation anywhere...cruise or not...if I am going to travel I want it to be worth it. I really wish my friends could have gone on one of the 14 day trips.....oh well maybe next time.

MaryZ...Spring break is NOT what we are looking for........we are not even cruising to LOOK for guys...we are cruising to celebrate our fabulous selves and FORGET ALL about guys.......we also did the Cancun spring break thing many many times and are way over it..... we may be in our early 20's but we have all graduated and out grown the "college parties" that come with spring break......

Ashley

You'll likely find lots of interesting folks to talk to at the Lido deck bar in the early evening (before the late dinner seating), or at the Martini bar... both are areas where you'll see the same people almost every night, especially on the longer cruises, talking and joking with the bar staff. And not so noisy that you can't hear.

I've found that even folks a bit younger or older that me can often have something in common. Hang out places you like and you'll find them there.

Most of the 20 somethings on our last cruise were couples on honeymoons, but the week before that, more singles. It varies from week to week.

I was wondering the same thing. We will be on the Glory April 14th. I'm 24 and will be with my husband, 29. We picked Carnival on suggestions from others who belived this line attracts more of a 'younger' crowd. Of course you can expect to find people of all ages on any ship. I have heard that the line does a good job of trying to match people up in regards to their dinner arrangements. Younger singles with younger singles, couples with couples. I don't know from experience, as I haven't cruised before. I guess we'll find out!

Pretty sure you shouldnt have any troubles. While you arent going during spring break (when I would imagine most younger people cruise I wouldnt think there would be a shortage of young men..lol.

I think carnival more so than some other cruise ships attracts more of the younger crowd in general. And while there will be people of literally ALL ages I think it will be just fine.

Goodluck - have fun.

Archived