Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

Hello to all. We are Robin and Rita in Texas City Texas and love cruising. We haven't cruised on Olivia because, like so many others it seems, we can do multiple cruises for the price of one on Olivia. As far as being on "straight" cruises, we have never had a problem. Some of the time we go just the two of us, and other times we have had several other couples, both male and female.

I never thought I would like cruising. How boring. But after Robin and I became a couple 14 years ago she finally talked me into going and now just say the word and I am at the dock. I am semi retired and she works as the Administrator on Site at the local hospital and works doubles Saturday and Sunday and is off M thru F so we can take advantage of Carnival's 4 or 5 day trips out of Galveston and will be leaving on the April 13th 5 day. I only recently discovered Cruise Critic and an enjoying "meeting" new people. Anyone by chance doing the TA from Barcelona to Galveston 11-29-09?

Enough. I am beginning to ramble. Smooth sailing to everyone.

Hello to all. We are Robin and Rita in Texas City Texas and love cruising. We haven't cruised on Olivia because, like so many others it seems, we can do multiple cruises for the price of one on Olivia. As far as being on "straight" cruises, we have never had a problem. Some of the time we go just the two of us, and other times we have had several other couples, both male and female.

I never thought I would like cruising. How boring. But after Robin and I became a couple 14 years ago she finally talked me into going and now just say the word and I am at the dock. I am semi retired and she works as the Administrator on Site at the local hospital and works doubles Saturday and Sunday and is off M thru F so we can take advantage of Carnival's 4 or 5 day trips out of Galveston and will be leaving on the April 13th 5 day. I only recently discovered Cruise Critic and an enjoying "meeting" new people. Anyone by chance doing the TA from Barcelona to Galveston 11-29-09?

Enough. I am beginning to ramble. Smooth sailing to everyone.

Hi Robin and Rita

We too have only recently found this page and we are about to embark on our first cruise. After reading all the different threads I can't wait to find out for myself what all the excitement is about. Both Anne & I have taken early retirement and if cruising is as wonderful as everyone says the only problem we can foresee is how we are going to afford keeping up the new found pastime. Oh well you only live once!!!

Vicci

Thanks for your response regarding my dp's dress options. She won't wear a tux or a tie. I guess I will just go shopping for her and see if I can find a happy medium.

My next question is do many young lesbians attend the FOD? We are in our 20's and would love to meet other 20 somethings or 30 somethings. I am really hesitant to attend FOD because my impression (please correct me if I am wrong) is that it is going to be like stepping into a gay club with guys cruising each other.

Hi p3sgirl,

when I cruised last year on Princes, I attended a few FOD meetings but my girlfriend didn't. So when she would want to take a nap or just read by the pool, I would go and hangout for a bit. It was pretty mixed: girls & guys, late 20's to late 30's I would say. If the were older then that, they looked pretty good to me!!! ;) But it was nice to meet new people and chat for a while. Will most definitly be checking it out again in May on Caribbean Princess!

Edited by lovejone

We sailed the Dawn in 2007. We loved it. We're thinking of sailing her again, soon. Overall, she's the favorite NCL ship among those who primarily sail NCL.

Glad to hear it. Feel free to join us on March 12/2009!!!!!!

Paddy Anne

Hi Liverpool Lass,I am traveling to the western carribean.38 days to sailing time yepeeeee.

Anne & I are sailing to Scandinavia and Russia in 31 days so it seems we will be sailing the high seas on opposite sides of the world at the same time!!!

Have a wonderful time

Happy sailing

Vicci

Just passing some time at my desk. It's a beautiful spring day here in South Florida I'm so ready to be out of here but alas we have 36 day to sail so cruise critic is all I can do to get my daily fix. LL are you packed yet?

Edited by angelsbaby1

Just passing some time at my desk. It's a beautiful spring day here in South Florida I'm so ready to be out of here but alas we have 36 day to sail so cruise critic is all I can do to get my daily fix. LL are you packed yet?

Well it's certainly not a beautiful spring day in Liverpool it is cold with heavy rain & strong wind so I'm more than ready to get out of here. As for packing, I've packed re-packed and re-packed and now I have a bedroom full of clothes and cases! My daughters think I've gone insane in my old age and my poor beautiful partner has given up on me and wants to know what is wrong with just taking a toothbrush but I'm so excited I'm like a child at christmas. We are sailing on 17th May only 30 days to go yipeeeeee having said that we bought a motorhome last year so we are going up to the lake district for a week on Monday then the following week we are going to York for a couple of days so I don't really have much free time to finish getting organised.

Oops!! I seem to have started to ramble on. As far as I am aware there doesn't seem to be any other family on our cruise but maybe they just don't know about this site.

Enjoy the spring sunshine

Vicci & Anne

Hi Mel

Of course you count! Especially as it seems we are the only ones! Don't suppose you ever set sail from England do you?

Vicci

Not sailed from the UK yet!! We are sailing from Rome in Oct though!! So where are you off to

Wow, I am ENVIOUS!! That is an itin we looked at!! Who are you sailing with?

Mel

Hi Mel

We're sailing with RCCL on The Jewel of the Seas. Calling at Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Estonia and Russia. It's good for us as it sails from England so we don't have to worry about how much luggage we can take. Will write you a full report when we get home!

Vicci

vicci12@btinternet.com

Hi Mel

We're sailing with RCCL on The Jewel of the Seas. Calling at Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Estonia and Russia. It's good for us as it sails from England so we don't have to worry about how much luggage we can take. Will write you a full report when we get home!

Vicci

vicci12@btinternet.com

Your crusie sounds really nice. I look forward to your review when you are back.

Hi Mel

Vicci

vicci12@btinternet.com

Well I cant wait to see your review!!

Hi,

I will be on the Star Princess going to Alaska on 8/2. Anyone else going?

No but you will have a fantastic time!! We sailed the Island princess last year!! Are you sailing from Vancouver or Seattle. We sailed from Vancouver and just LOVED it..It was fantastic..Highlights were, helicopter over glaciers with a walk on one, whitewater rafting trip, white pass railwoad trip!! Enjoy and take your camera with plenty of backup, you will not be disappointed!!

No but you will have a fantastic time!! We sailed the Island princess last year!! Are you sailing from Vancouver or Seattle. We sailed from Vancouver and just LOVED it..It was fantastic..Highlights were, helicopter over glaciers with a walk on one, whitewater rafting trip, white pass railwoad trip!! Enjoy and take your camera with plenty of backup, you will not be disappointed!!

Now this sounds like a fantastic cruise, Wish it was one I could do, but unfortunately I can only sail from UK.