Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

Mithryl - How fun! We are looking forward to meeting you. We most likely won't be doing any 'formal' type shore excursions. We have been to Nanaimo and Victoria numerous times and will probably just stay aboard, or wander around a little on our own. If you've never been to either place there are fun things to do and see in both. Linda and I will have just come from Victoria as we're getting married there on the 13th of October.

Sorry you won't be joining us for dinner, but certainly we can meet up for drinks and conversation. It will be fun watching your friends cutting a rug on the dance floor. Linda and I don't dance (well) either, but we sometimes will go nuts and join a line dance or something.

This should be a fun cruise. We're looking forward to meet you all.

Carol (and Linda).

Hi gals, like the OCLadies, I have been lurking around. We are going on our 2nd cruise together in October. As my name implies I get seasick on any boat/ship. So hence we are going to Mexico with friends that asked us to join them. I (Tea) am 47 and my lovely partner "L" is 55. We've been together 15 years and will be celebrating the 16th year on the cruise. I used to work for a cruise ship line back in the 80's and each time I travelled to Ensenada (8 times?) I got seasick. I know ships have changed but we took our first cruise together with Olivia back in '98 and it happened to be the same ship I worked for. So, I am hoping this ship the Norwegian Star will change my views. I would really like to cruise the Caribbean someday and be able to enjoy it! We are going to Mexico to be with friends and to give cruising another try.

Azure Seas 80's

Ocean Breeze '98

Seasickblues - It's a bummer to get seasick. Linda gets seasick as well and was out of it for a couple of days on the Dawn Princess when we went to Mexico and back out of San Francisco. She tried wrist bands, ginger, Dramamine...nothing worked. So, next time she's going to use a Scopalomine patch and if that doesn't work then she'll just have to suffer through it for a couple of days to get her sea legs. She loves the ocean and sailing and boating and cruising on big ships, all of it, and does it in spite of being sick. Still, it's a real bummer. Sure hope it works out for you.

Carol and Linda

Hi gals, like the OCLadies, I have been lurking around. We are going on our 2nd cruise together in October. As my name implies I get seasick on any boat/ship. So hence we are going to Mexico with friends that asked us to join them. I (Tea) am 47 and my lovely partner "L" is 55. We've been together 15 years and will be celebrating the 16th year on the cruise. I used to work for a cruise ship line back in the 80's and each time I travelled to Ensenada (8 times?) I got seasick. I know ships have changed but we took our first cruise together with Olivia back in '98 and it happened to be the same ship I worked for. So, I am hoping this ship the Norwegian Star will change my views. I would really like to cruise the Caribbean someday and be able to enjoy it! We are going to Mexico to be with friends and to give cruising another try.

Azure Seas 80's

Ocean Breeze '98

Hi Seasickblues,

I may have been on that Ocean Breeze cruise with you back in '98. Did it go to the Panama Canal? I hope you have a good time on NCCL but I haven't heard good things about them at all, especially about the food. I actually probably wouldn't even go on an NCCL cruise even if it was free but I hope you find it different than what I have heard. I like cruising much better now than back in the 90s when I went; hope you feel the same way.

Hi y'all,

We are back from the Great Alaska Adventure. Everything was great! The land cruise was rushed for the first 3 days, than calmed down. The scenery was absolutely beautiful.

The sea cruise was wonderful. We went on two excursions and had lots of fun. Loved the White Pass Train. We will cruise again, though it may be awhile.

Carol & Linda: we have a 37' HR Vacationer. She has a Ford gas engine (V10), with a Banks power pack. You'll love going full time.

We should be in your neck of the woods summer 09.

Winnie

Seasickblues don't let the others scare you off of NCL. I've cruised on Princess, RCCL, Carnival & NCL so I have several to compare to. Of course food is like anything else....a personal taste, choice, but IMHO all dining room food is about the same regardless of cruise line. So don't let one persons experience jade you. NCL offers the "freestyle" dining and while the others may offer some choice, none compare with what NCL will offer you! I for one find that eating at 8-8:30 p.m. is a bit late and yet the 5-6:30 is more the "kid" friendly hour and thus a bit noisy. On NCL you eat when you want and are not tied down to a particuliar table with the same people night after night. Yes, there is a minimal charge for the NCL speciatlity restrauants but the food/service is much, much better than what you'll find in any cruise line dining room. We've sailed on the NCL Star on several occassions down to the Mexican Riviera and have nothing but wonderful memories! If you're into the Spa, NCL's is the BEST, and less expensive than some of the other carriers. I only wish that I could sail NCL all the time, but due to travel dates available to my wife and myself, its not always possible. Have a great time on NCL!!!

Diane & Lori

Professor MA and Anyone Else Interested - Ok, it's official. We have cabin C221 on Dawn Princess sailing from Sydney, Austrialia on 18 April 2009. All mini-suites are gone already, and balcony cabins are going fast. So if you have any inkling at all of maybe wanting to do this cruise, call your TA and plunk down a deposit while you still have a choice of staterooms and before the web sites have the information. You can always cancel up to 3 months before sailing and get your deposit back. But at least you'll have a cabin if you do want to go.

There's already a 3 page roll call for this cruise with someone managing the photo album and someone else doing spreadsheets for the roll call participants which will include shore excursions, adventures, information on ports, etc. that will all get filled in as we go.

This will be a fabulous trip with a large number of Aussies aboard as well as some from the UK and a rather large Canadian contingent, if the cancelled cruise was any indication.

Come on ladies, where's your sense of adventure? And what the heck, it's only money :D .

Carol and Linda

Seasickblues don't let the others scare you off of NCL. I've cruised on Princess, RCCL, Carnival & NCL so I have several to compare to. Of course food is like anything else....a personal taste, choice, but IMHO all dining room food is about the same regardless of cruise line. So don't let one persons experience jade you. NCL offers the "freestyle" dining and while the others may offer some choice, none compare with what NCL will offer you! I for one find that eating at 8-8:30 p.m. is a bit late and yet the 5-6:30 is more the "kid" friendly hour and thus a bit noisy. On NCL you eat when you want and are not tied down to a particuliar table with the same people night after night. Yes, there is a minimal charge for the NCL speciatlity restrauants but the food/service is much, much better than what you'll find in any cruise line dining room. We've sailed on the NCL Star on several occassions down to the Mexican Riviera and have nothing but wonderful memories! If you're into the Spa, NCL's is the BEST, and less expensive than some of the other carriers. I only wish that I could sail NCL all the time, but due to travel dates available to my wife and myself, its not always possible. Have a great time on NCL!!!

Am I the one scaring people away from NCL? That wasn't my intent! I personally did not like the food and I really did not like Freestyle dining, but that doesn't mean other people wouldn't. It just was really not my thing. I would take a free NCL cruise by the way...it is only Carnival that I would not be comfortable going on...

Congratulations on getting your 2009 booking! Sounds like an awesome trip. Can't believe all the mini's are already gone. 31 Days is beyond our ability to be away at one time right now (I'd consider up to 21), but my ultimate goal is a World Cruise someday where we're at sea/ports for 6 months! Just saw that Sydney is having some bad storms right now.

See you on the Mercury in October! (Prices just went up on the CC Class cabins...thanks to your nudge, we got in at a great price!)

Vicki & Bonnie

Welcome back. Let us all know when you start planning your next cruise! If you're coming to the NW in 2009, will you be coming near Coeur d'Alene? If so, let us know and we can hook up for dinner!

Vicki & Bonnie

Hi Seasickblues,

I may have been on that Ocean Breeze cruise with you back in '98. Did it go to the Panama Canal? I hope you have a good time on NCCL but I haven't heard good things about them at all, especially about the food. I actually probably wouldn't even go on an NCCL cruise even if it was free but I hope you find it different than what I have heard. I like cruising much better now than back in the 90s when I went; hope you feel the same way.

Wouldn't go on it even if it was free??? Are you nuts? :D Seriously, how bad could it be? You are on a cruise...on the water...not at work...etc... Can you tell I just love cruising? Granted, my least favorite so far has been the NCCL cruise. However, I think it was the particular ship not the cruise line and we still had a GREAT time regardless of our "small" issues with the ship. We WILL give NCCL another try some day.

My partner also gets very seasick. Scopolamine (sp?) patch has worked the best for her.

Annette

Am I the one scaring people away from NCL? That wasn't my intent! I personally did not like the food and I really did not like Freestyle dining, but that doesn't mean other people wouldn't. It just was really not my thing. I would take a free NCL cruise by the way...it is only Carnival that I would not be comfortable going on...

Why are you not comfortable on Carnival?

Annette

Hi all,

We got back yesterday from our 7 day western car. cruise. We had a fabulous time. The weather was incredible. We met some fantastic people.

One of the highlights for us was in our first port - Cozumel (always one of our favorite ports). We did a shore dive. It was just me, Donna and the dive master. He took us into a couple of caves (a first for both of us). Although a little (really a lot) apprehensive at first, once getting inside it was an incredible experience.

We have started the countdown for the next one!:D

Annette

Hi Seasickblues,

Yes, the ship went to the Panama Canal. Hey, we could have eaten at the same table! It was a nice trip and we did visit some nice places.

No, I realize people have different experiences on each ship. Our friends wanted to go on a cruise that was close by without having to fly somewhere. The Norweigan Star happened to be the one they chose. They also used the seasick patch and swear it will help me out. I used to wear it back in the 80's when I cruised on the Azure Seas and it didn't work for me then. Keeping my fingers crossed this time! Although, when I sailed on the Ocean Breeze I was given a shot in butt by the ship's Dr. and I don't recall what it was but that was the best thing ever. I was able to walk around and actually enjoy myself. Maybe some nurses/Dr. out there can give some insight on what it could have been??:)

Seasickblues - It's a bummer to get seasick. Linda gets seasick as well and was out of it for a couple of days on the Dawn Princess when we went to Mexico and back out of San Francisco. She tried wrist bands, ginger, Dramamine...nothing worked. So, next time she's going to use a Scopalomine patch and if that doesn't work then she'll just have to suffer through it for a couple of days to get her sea legs. She loves the ocean and sailing and boating and cruising on big ships, all of it, and does it in spite of being sick. Still, it's a real bummer. Sure hope it works out for you.

Carol and Linda

Hi Carol and Linda,

Linda is one brave cruiser. To keep going back on ships after trying different remedies and not have them work is beyond me. That's why we haven't gone on any ships in 10 years. I've tried the wrist bands, ginger and such and none of it worked. Subjecting yourself to being sick each time is very brave and valiant!

Hi Carol and Linda,

Linda is one brave cruiser. To keep going back on ships after trying different remedies and not have them work is beyond me. That's why we haven't gone on any ships in 10 years. I've tried the wrist bands, ginger and such and none of it worked. Subjecting yourself to being sick each time is very brave and valiant!

By wrist bands do you mean the pressure point bands or the ones that send an electrical impulse?

looks like the Austraila sail will not work for us...we will be off to India in January for a huge wedding for one of my students....we just have to get there the rest it paid for...should be quite an event...festivities go on for about a week...on another note, I've been approached about teaching a leadership course for NorthEastern in Austraila, so we may get there via another route...our transatlantic in October continues to develop...looks like we will have an extra week in Barcelona on the front end...our time is really dictated by my partners court responsbilities and my teaching....but at some point perhaps we can retire....

Carol and Linda

By wrist bands do you mean the pressure point bands or the ones that send an electrical impulse?

Yep, those are the ones (pressure pointers) I tried to use and it just looked like I was coming from the gym the whole time.

Wouldn't go on it even if it was free??? Are you nuts? :D Seriously, how bad could it be? You are on a cruise...on the water...not at work...etc... Can you tell I just love cruising? Granted, my least favorite so far has been the NCCL cruise. However, I think it was the particular ship not the cruise line and we still had a GREAT time regardless of our "small" issues with the ship. We WILL give NCCL another try some day.

My partner also gets very seasick. Scopolamine (sp?) patch has worked the best for her.

Annette

Ok, maybe for free but only when the kids are in school. I have just heard too many negative things about NCL for me to pay to go on their ships. I also would probably not go on Carnival unless it was free and during the school year.

Yes, the ship went to the Panama Canal. Hey, we could have eaten at the same table! It was a nice trip and we did visit some nice places.

No, I realize people have different experiences on each ship. Our friends wanted to go on a cruise that was close by without having to fly somewhere. The Norweigan Star happened to be the one they chose. They also used the seasick patch and swear it will help me out. I used to wear it back in the 80's when I cruised on the Azure Seas and it didn't work for me then. Keeping my fingers crossed this time! Although, when I sailed on the Ocean Breeze I was given a shot in butt by the ship's Dr. and I don't recall what it was but that was the best thing ever. I was able to walk around and actually enjoy myself. Maybe some nurses/Dr. out there can give some insight on what it could have been??:)

I believe you can still get the shot. If it worked for you before you should do it again.

I am glad that you also included "men" in your interest.:) My partner and I love to travel and enjoy meeting people. We are very interested in meeting other couples. We are going on the Pride of Aloha on July 29 in Hawaii.